Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ya gets what ya pays for....

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar

Ya gets what ya pays for....

Guy at the ASRA practice at Clevedon this arvo turned up with a Chi-nee AR M4gery with a Chi-nee ACOG (one guess as to what quality shop that lot probably came from...) He had to go up to 25m to get on target, then comes back to 100 and he's still nowhere on paper. He ends up holding waaaaaaaay under the target and we see dirt flying off the backstop 2 metres above his POA. Can't get it to come down any lower as the POS Chi-nee ACOG has run outta elevation turns . Then someone says they knew a Chi-nee ACOG what had the arrows around the wrong way, and maybe he's being going up instead of down . No matter methinks, either way it's a Chi-nee JUNKER! He went home and thankfully did not waste his time trying to shoot at 300.

Cavet Emptor rules again.

The bugger of it is, no one realy deserves that sort of an experience the first time they go out with their new toy, bloody annoying.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

That is sad. Maybe he will be so embarrassed he will give up and not shoot service again. Knowing he needs to spend $2k on a scope to match the other guys which costs more than his rifle. I hope he was not put off by others as I know some users of "cheap" scopes that have out-shot scopes worth thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Chi-nee
    'S' key broken?

And you wonder why there are always a few second hand GC ARs selling after the current owner has shot 'only 60 rounds'.

Welcome to Sako club.

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    And you wonder why there are always a few second hand GC ARs selling after the current owner has shot 'only 60 rounds'.

Shot 60 - tried to shoot ...

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    'S' key broken?
    Nah, there was a red-neck on one of the Back to the Future movies who pronounced it "chi-nee", kinda stuck with me.

Just seems like it would take more effort than actually typing Chinese :/

Quote Originally Posted by compound View Post
    That is sad. Maybe he will be so embarrassed he will give up and not shoot service again.
    Oh I don't think so. He seemed pretty ok about it and was talking about taking it back and hitting them up for another. But he could just wind up with another dodgey one. We didn't rub him up too much about it. U can guess who (RSO) was actually going out of his way to try and get the thing on paper, interspersed with guttural Afrikaaner-speak about chi-com this and that...

Bloody numbnuts, you would have thought he would have spent some time running it in and getting a zero on a range during the week before rocking up to a service rifle shoot only to look like a complete fool

It was a practice session, so not really a drama, but there are better equipped clubs for sighting in, such as the Auckland NZDA range. He would have had plenty of time, no pressure, a nice bench to use, overhead cover. But at Clevedon, on a hot afternoon with no cover on the mounds, it's a bit of a battle.

Lets see if he turns up tomorrow at Riverhead then.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    Oh I don't think so. He seemed pretty ok about it and was talking about taking it back and hitting them up for another. But he could just wind up with another dodgey one. We didn't rub him up too much about it. U can guess who (RSO) was actually going out of his way to try and get the thing on paper, interspersed with guttural Afrikaaner-speak about chi-com this and that...
    I can picture that so clearly Some reputations are so widely known even when I have never shot up there.

Went goat shooting this weekend with a mate who bought a $150 ACOG, I noticed the reticle was on the piss quite bad

cheep scopes are only a problem when people overpay for them and expect quality.
    otherwise they have their place

Quote Originally Posted by compound View Post
    I know some users of "cheap" scopes that have out-shot scopes worth thousands.
    Same here. Whats funny is watching somone wank on about how much there acog is worth and how great it is and then they get outshot by a guy with an ncstar. They either go quiet or cant make excuses fast enough. Flash gear dont make you a shooter. You pick out those that are there to shoot over those that are there to look cool pretty quick!