Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: zastava 223

zastava 223

hi im looking at getting an zastava 223 for my daughter. i just got an ruger 223 with suppressor but its two heavy for her .i looked at are zastava 223 and seems to fit her alright but from what ive read they sometimes dont shoot that well does anyone have one and how does it shoot and does it have the set trigger ive read about cheers guys

Re: zastava 223

Not all of them have the set trigger. Not all if them shoot that flash but with a little work the should be fine and for 749 new you cant complain. Im eyeing one up myself for a project. Good luck and if I were you id hold out for a set trigger model.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've got one and it is pretty accurate, even without a set trigger.

cheers they look like are nice rifle i might ditch the ruger

have you considered one of the howa 1500 packages.... the zastava is bare rifle for 749 and you can pickup one of the howas from gunworks for 950 scoped.....not a real flash scope but gotta start someplace..........I considered a zastava and a weatherby vanguard when i was looking not very long ago and think i got more for my buck with the howa,........the zastavas are nice looking wee rifle but can have a rough action straight out of the box.... the choice is yours but consider the other rifles on the market at a similar price the marlin x7 is a good price as are the range of savages and theres plenty more too have a look around before you buy theres some nice gear out there for not very much. IMO

The zastavas are a true minimauser will be nice and light. Howas are great guns but are heavyish even there lightweights

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    The zastavas are a true minimauser will be nice and light. Howas are great guns but are heavyish even there lightweights

wasnt putting them down as I really struggled to make the decision just saying dont write off the others at similar price

thats what I thaught too, they arent. they just look like they are.

If you want mini mauser you need to go Brno Fox, CZ527
    which are light as a feather and a million times nicer and generally far more accurate.

I have been in the market for one too, looked at the Zastava, thing that put me off was the bolt slop and rougher action, Thats not to say it wouldn't have shot well, just a personal thing I have for engineering tolerances! Ended up getting a howa which is a bit heavier but wasn't a concern for me, there is a nice tikka lsa55 in .222 on TM at the moment.

.222 Tikka | Trade Me
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999
    Manufacturer figures put the Zastava at 2.8kg and the CZ 527 at 2.68kg, a difference but not a big one. I'm sure the CZ is nicer, but it is double the price.

Ok but they are a smaller than short action. So mini in that sence. Do the not have control feed and claw extracto?

yea. I was certain they did. one of the other guys took a photo of their bolt and proved me wrong. no mauser type extractor,

Google Image Result for http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/storm_rider02/799bolt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    Ok but they are a smaller than short action. So mini in that sence. Do the not have control feed and claw extracto?

No, they look like they do, but they actually are push feeds with hook type extractor.

Name:  Zastava.jpg
Views: 3492
Size:  320.9 KB
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Sneaky Serbians!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post

If you want mini mauser you need to go Brno Fox, CZ527
    which are light as a feather and a million times nicer and generally far more accurate.
    yea new they really hurt. but thats just what quality costs. a sako is double the price of the CZ......

put a zastava and a CZ side by side and basically no-one looks at the zas