Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Doon
  • 1 Post By Hunter_Nick
  • 1 Post By caberslash

Thread: Zastava .223 follower spring

Zastava .223 follower spring

not sure how but the follower spring in the magazine has snapped i have managed to do a repair job on it
    but wondering if anyone would know if the spring from a sako vixen would be a close fit. thanks

I.ve got a sako A1 and a Zastava. The springs look very similar. Don't think it would take much fitting.

Get hold of Stu at Greystone. He's done a lot of work on Zastavas for the nz agent. He might have something or know of something to replace it with
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Have tried contacting the NZ Zastava agent for the same item, no reply. Local gunsmith stated he had the same NZ agent problem, never returns calls or emails.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Have tried contacting the NZ Zastava agent for the same item, no reply. Local gunsmith stated he had the same NZ agent problem, never returns calls or emails.
    That will be because they don't deal direct with the public. They only deal with dealers.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    That will be because they don't deal direct with the public. They only deal with dealers.
    Didn't asked to purchase, asked were they available so I could supply the part detail to a dealer. Find today that many retailers can't be bothered with purchasing parts plus have very little idea of what is required. As stated before, gunsmith struggled to purchase parts. He now choses what he will repair on grounds of what parts are available or supplied.

Look for a shot out one to get parts.

I replaced my broken one with a savage spring and follower, worked better than the original, needed a bit of filing though.

Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    Look for a shot out one to get parts.
    this was a shot out one, have just had it re barreled, the repair job seems to be working ok

i see that gunworks have the spring and follower for sako vixen 491 will probably give them a call and see what they think

Quote Originally Posted by tim37 View Post
    i see that gunworks have the spring and follower for sako vixen 491 will probably give them a call and see what they think
    +1 on this. I used one to replace one for my BSA Hunter 6x45. A few adjustments and it was good to go. I reckon it would drop in to a zastava, I have one too and they’re very similar
    tim37 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Pretty sure I have fitted a sako vixen spring to a zastava,it was not drop in the spring required some careful grinding on the sides in order for it to fit into the zastava follower.
    can you recall if the spring steel was the same thickness and only the width different, Thanks

Might be an idea to look for a cheap/broken detachable magazine and take the spring out of that.
    Micky Duck likes this.