Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Zastava M70

Zastava M70

Anyone had any experience with them? Looking for a synthetic stainless centre fire and came across them. Seems to be a commercial Mauser design.

The others I was looking at was your usual Howa, Tikka, Savage. And maybe a browning.

Cheers.

Yep as you say a Mauser 98 so a modern day Parker Hale, not a glamour queen but shoot just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    Yep as you say a Mauser 98 so a modern day Parker Hale, not a glamour queen but shoot just fine.
    Ok. The didn't have any in stock sadly.

I have access to a couple of new ones. I know there is a 270 there, and there was a 308. About $850 for a bare rifle from memory but blued steel / synthetic stock. I had one myself in 6.5x55 that was a very good shooter, had I had a 7mmRemMag that I sold to someone on here (Pipe up if you want to, but I wont say who in case they dont want to)

Well made, reliable design, and they do shoot well. Worth looking at. We had one set up for a customer just prior to the quakes, scoped, bedded and a full set up from the gunsmith, and he never came back. I think that was a 308 but I would have to check and I am pretty sure it is still in storage there somewhere.
    Russian 22. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I have access to a couple of new ones. I know there is a 270 there, and there was a 308. About $850 for a bare rifle from memory but blued steel / synthetic stock. I had one myself in 6.5x55 that was a very good shooter, had I had a 7mmRemMag that I sold to someone on here (Pipe up if you want to, but I wont say who in case they dont want to)

Well made, reliable design, and they do shoot well. Worth looking at. We had one set up for a customer just prior to the quakes, scoped, bedded and a full set up from the gunsmith, and he never came back. I think that was a 308 but I would have to check and I am pretty sure it is still in storage there somewhere.
    Hope you're not out of pocket for the 308.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Hope you're not out of pocket for the 308.
    Have not "lost" any money on it as we still have it. (You wont lose money selling your car if you dont sell the car....)
    Russian 22. likes this.

Do you deal with the Zastava importer @timattalon ?

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post

Yes @timattalon, I really like that 7mmRM. Uses Mauser 98 bases and just takes a little inletting for the safety to fit a 98 stock. Shoots really well.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Good reliable, no frills rifles, although a bit on the heavy side (especially the wood stocked version) compared to some other offerings. Trigger can be worked on at home with moderate skills. There us a good video on YouTube about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Do you deal with the Zastava importer @timattalon ?

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    We did. We dont really deal with any importers now as we have not bought stock since the shop was damaged after the earthquakes. I am not really sure which way the Gunsmith (its his business and premises) wants to go. From what I understand there was a separate agency for the north island and the south Island but having not done any buyingI do not now if this is still the case. The 6.5x55 mentioned earlier was one I got from Gun City on one of their big sales and was my own rather than a shop one..

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Good reliable, no frills rifles, although a bit on the heavy side (especially the wood stocked version) compared to some other offerings. Trigger can be worked on at home with moderate skills. There us a good video on YouTube about this.
    I'll have to check the weight again. Not keje on anything overly heavy

It reckons 3.6 kg for the walnut.

Savage 116 light weight hunter is $1200 and 2.7 kg.

Un-scoped, it weighs about the same as a similar Remington M700 with a 3-9x40 (not a special lightweight model)

3260g for the synthetic stock version.

Un-scoped, it weighs about the same as a similar Remington M700 with a 3-9x40 (not a special lightweight model)
    Ok cool. Thanks for the heads up.

3260g for the synthetic stock version.
    Cheers.