Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zeiss conquest

Question Zeiss conquest

Hey fellas
    Thought id put a post up re the conquests regarding are they really that bad?? have read a few comments on them on here and just wanting some feedback,,,who owns one or owned one??
    Had the opportunity today to line up a conquest,new vortex hs,clearidge,viper,grandslam and has been compared to the 6500 bushy and superslam and to be honest the glass and feild of view in my opinion was bloody good,,i have read that few years back the mechanicals wernt that flash on few but have they had any worries recently??i have only read pretty good reviews and feedback elsewhere lately???
    I understand every now and them all brands will have there issues i know quite a few mates have had issues with leupys etc,,i guess its the backup that counts as well
    Looking at the 4.5-14x44
    Comments appreciated
    Last edited by Bushrash; 05-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Cheers Tussock thats the sort of hands on feedback i need,,,,i really do rate the glass and it probably wont be doing alot of dialing ,,,,but im pretty hard on gear and haha like everyone it goes where it shouldnt and really cant have the should be ok scenario
    Last edited by Bushrash; 05-08-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Yeah, that "Distressed" person was me. I still have a 3.5-10x44 and a 4.5-14x44 which have been zeroed and never dialled, and I love 'em, the glass is bloody beaut, but don't dial them.
    I've just given that 6.5-20x50 to a mate of mine to try ( he knows its history ) I just lost confidence in it even after it being 'fixed' again.

Seems like a bit of a tragedy really with such nice glass for the money but to have so so dialing ability and reliabilty,,unfortunately the russian roulete deal aint really worth it if ya sitting on top of a hill cursing because youve lost your zero??

Yeah it would be in a set of optilocks ,,,,,,but thinking maybe i need to clamp something a bit more reliable in them maybe????,,the vortex hs 4-16x44 was nice for the coin but bit heavy and would go v-plex for the recticle rather than the bdc,,the glass just aint as good,, hhhhmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Worse than just not holdin zero, once you lose it you never get it back!

This actually happened to me with a Leopold FX1 recently as well. The rifle (Anshutz) shot amazingly, then you couldn't hit a barn door with it, then back to tack driver again. The a big piece of the horizontal cross hair just plain fell out!
    Thats not cool!!!

The 3.5-10x44 that I mentioned before has really been through the mill, shot hundreds of buns and wals with it and its had its fair share of bangs and smacks, so I wonder if the problems are more for the scopes with parallax adjustment on them ?? Obviously the more complicated you make an item, the more likely it is to have problems. . . ?

Yeah I was impressed by seeing bits of the reticle bouncing around inside that Leupold

Quote Originally Posted by redbang View Post
    The 3.5-10x44 that I mentioned before has really been through the mill, shot hundreds of buns and wals with it and its had its fair share of bangs and smacks, so I wonder if the problems are more for the scopes with parallax adjustment on them ?? Obviously the more complicated you make an item, the more likely it is to have problems. . . ?
    Could be onto something there maybe??

I have a 2.5-8 x32 on my 8x57 clear as a bell and never looses zero, I also never dial it, for dialing I use a XP Clearidge, Weaver Grandslam and Minox. I am impressed with Brians Sightron on his tube gun, nice bit of kit.