Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nor-west
  • 2 Post By 10-Ring

Thread: Zeiss Diavari-C 3-9x36 Value

Zeiss Diavari-C 3-9x36 Value

Hoping to get an idea of what a second hand Zeiss Diavari-C 3-9x36 is worth, came with rifle I have just purchased.

thanks
    Name:  20210611_195707.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  36.3 KB
    Name:  20210611_1958111.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  15.6 KB
    Name:  20210611_1958241.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  582.8 KB

Can't help with value but I've always wondered how these compare to the Conquest MC optically?

Worth what someone will pay, I know that sounds too obvious but here are so many good scopes coming out now under a grand, I'd pay $600 if you want to move it on.
    dannyb likes this.

Well it says it was made in West Germany and which means it was made some time before 1990. Which makes it at least 30 years old.

I would take up that $600 offer if I was you.

Name:  20210612_130749.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  1.51 MB
    Name:  20210612_130609.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  1.54 MB

Zeiss Diavari-C 3-9x36 Value

I purchased one of these new in 1998. It was a close out at usd600 from Gander Mtn in the us. Was NZD $900 at the time landed in New Plymouth. Still have it. A beautiful scope. Best small 3-9x ever made imo.

The made in Germany had the *T lenses coating and the adjustments are backwards. The directions on the dials refer to reticle movement not bullet movements as per a leupold. Later models in this range are MC = multi coated lenses like the later conquests.

They bring $650-700 here but very scarce.

Glass is true Zeiss glass, shits on the later Conquests, (Meopter's?) which are still not bad.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    I had one of these in 4x which I bought in 1990 from the US after reading an article in Australia Shooter magazine by Nick Harvey. They were made for the American market with a 1" tube that is machined out of a solid block of durallium which incorporates the turrent housings. Truly fantastic scopes.

The lenses are held together where necessary by molecular adhesion because they are perfectly flat to I forget how many millionths of an inch. Each scope is given 1,000 shocks equivalent to twice the recoil of a 457 Win magnum.

The turrent adjustments are given 100 turns around the square and must come back to the original point of aim. They utilize a carbide ball system similar to that which Weaver scopes used.

The scopes are tested in a vacuum chamber with water spray for 24 hours and must not leak or fog. The scopes are not nitrogen filled because they don't need to be because they're so perfectly sealed.

These scopes are way superior to the Conquest models in build quality. The modern Zeiss scopes have more advanced lens coatings, however they don't contain the superior lead glass that was used in this C model.
    Moa Hunter and SkiHunt like this.

did you sell this scope i have a 22 project it would suit

Yes sold

10-Ring,

Agree, one of my favourite scopes.

The early models were made in Germany and had the premium *T coatings. The adjustments are reverse to Leupold etc in the directions on the dial refers to the reticle movement and not the bullet impact.

@SteyrZepher22 I bought the one above there is another for sale on the forum @chainsaw