Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Zeiss HD5 not Tracking......HELP!!

Zeiss HD5 not Tracking......HELP!!

Hey everyone
    Just purchased a Tikka t3x 7mmRM and I have a Zeiss HD5 Conquest 5-25x50 (RZ100) that I puchased off trade me that was under a year old and had all the papers etc and warrenty. The gun shot exceptional (.5 MOA) but the scope would not track for the life of it but it would hold it's zero.Has anyone had that issue? Who is the Zeiss supplier in NZ? Any suggestions?

https://www.outdoorsportsnz.com/

But they may just ask you to take it to your local shop to send to them. Last scope I sent them took a while to make the trip to Germany and back but came back with quite a comprehensive service sheet.
    Taff likes this.

I sent an HD5 straight back to the factory in Germany about a year ago. Got the details off their web site. Filled in a web-form. Put my details and what I wanted in the box and posted it. In a few weeks I got my refurbished scope back. I sent it because it had dust on the reticle.

If you do it keep email proof of your transactions with Zeiss about the repairs as proof. Otherwise you will have to pay GST on it coming back into NZ. Customs rang me wanting the evidence, which I had.
    Tommy and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    https://www.outdoorsportsnz.com/

But they may just ask you to take it to your local shop to send to them. Last scope I sent them took a while to make the trip to Germany and back but came back with quite a comprehensive service sheet.
    Thanks mate, just sent an email to them. I am rapped with the scope but just doesn't track. The gun is a beauty as well. Thanks heaps mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I sent an HD5 straight back to the factory in Germany about a year ago. Got the details off their web site. Filled in a web-form. Put my details and what I wanted in the box and posted it. In a few weeks I got my refurbished scope back. I sent it because it had dust on the reticle.

If you do it keep email proof of your transactions with Zeiss about the repairs as proof. Otherwise you will have to pay GST on it coming back into NZ. Customs rang me wanting the evidence, which I had.
    What do you mean by transactions with zeiss? but thanks mate!

Zeiss HD5 not Tracking......HELP!!

I think I know what your problem is mate and it’s not that there is an issue with the scope.

With the RZ 1000 reticle the optical centre of the scope is the 500, therefore if you are trying to zero at 100 and then dial it will not work as you are not working from the optical centre but from a point somewhere outside it.

It also means if you zero at 100 and then adjust the power the zero will shift.

See user manual here
    https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Sp...31_04.2014.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

MSL
    When you say it doesn’t track, do you mean the amount you dial on the scope is not reflected when measured at the target?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    I think I know what your problem is mate and it’s not that there is an issue with the scope.

With the RZ 1000 reticle the optical centre of the scope is the 500, therefore if you are trying to zero at 100 and then dial it will not work as you are not working from the optical centre but from a point somewhere outside it.

It also means if you zero at 100 and then adjust the power the zero will shift.

See user manual here
    https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/Sp...31_04.2014.pdf

Thats for holdover in the reticle , it should still track 1/4 moa per click on the turret should it not?

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigash View Post
    Thats for holdover in the reticle , it should still track 1/4 moa per click on the turret should it not?

Should, but lots don’t. That’s why there is correction values in the shooting apps.
    Bigash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigash View Post

Yeah it should if you are using the optimal power setting for that reticle, what point in the reticle are you using as a zero at 100?

If you are not using the optimal power, as the 100 is not the optical centre, if you are using that then it will still track at 1/4 Moa per click but the reticle will then not line as it’s sfp scope, if that makes sense.

Hard to know without the details though.

May be a scope issue

Moa Hunter and Bigash like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmTom View Post
    What do you mean by transactions with zeiss? but thanks mate!
    Any emails with Zeiss to prove to customs if you need to that you were arranging a repair.

There is an email address on the web-site.

Carl Zeiss Sports Optics GmbH
    Carl Zeiss Group
    Gloelstraße 3 - 5
    35576 Wetzlar
    Germany

service.sportsoptics@zeiss.com
    7mmTom likes this.

Hi 7RM,

As said by MSL and others, could you explain what you mean by " won't track ?

If you're getting 0.5 moa you must know what you're doing and it should be easy to spot where the problem is.

Could you post some photos of groups and adjustments made ? For instance start group at zero setting, 40 or 80 clicks up then 40 click Left and right. It seems this is an unusual scope that adjusts in inch per 100 yards not moa or mRad. Confirm that your target is vertical by using a plum bob. Confirm the distance with a range finder. And that scope is vertical on the action.

Looking forward to seeing more details.
    rossi.45 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    When you say it doesn’t track, do you mean the amount you dial on the scope is not reflected when measured at the target?
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    Hi 7RM,

As said by MSL and others, could you explain what you mean by " won't track ?

If you're getting 0.5 moa you must know what you're doing and it should be easy to spot where the problem is.

Could you post some photos of groups and adjustments made ? For instance start group at zero setting, 40 or 80 clicks up then 40 click Left and right. It seems this is an unusual scope that adjusts in inch per 100 yards not moa or mRad. Confirm that your target is vertical by using a plum bob. Confirm the distance with a range finder. And that scope is vertical on the action.

Looking forward to seeing more details.
    Hey mate, I have the scope getting sent atm, the local gun shop said there is defiantly a fault. And I don't really know i'm doing tbh mate, I also had an experinced friend who confirmed it did not track 1/4 moa @ 100y. I shot the .5 group though