Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Zeiss Warranty claims in NZ?

Zeiss Warranty claims in NZ?

The extendable eye cups on my conquest HD 10x42 binos started jamming and playing up and one eventually cracked and it fell off yesterday. A common problem with this model apparently. Anyhow I bought the bino's in the states, just wondering is there a decent NZ agent for repairs? I see there are two possibilities Carl Zeiss Vision New Zealand Ltd, and Cameron sports, anyone dealt with these guys for repairs/warranty? or should I send them back to the US? any ideas on turn around time? thanks in advance
    Last edited by yerimaginaryM8; 28-01-2018 at 08:32 AM.

I bought my Zeiss HD5 scope from the States a couple of years ago. Its always had a bit of dirt on the reticle that annoyed me so I decided to do something about it.

I completed a form on their website about the repair and they got back to me immediately and said to contact the NZ agent. I've had the run around with NZ agents for stuff before and wasn't keen so I packaged it up with instructions and posted it to their repair address on the web site in Germany. Posted it on 20 December 2017. On 15 January 2018 (last week) I got a call from the freight company in NZ and they said that they had the package from Germany and that there was a "no charge" note in it and that customs would be releasing it to me this week. That was a 35 day turn around. Wonderful service.

So my advice is not to muck around with the NZ agent and send your binos direct to the repair address in Germany - which is on their web site.
    JoshC, Gibo, Sarvo and 1 others like this.

DonT send your scope to the USA. I did, and the Zeiss USA refused to accept it. They sent it back and it got lost in the post (?) - exit scope (about $1200) and Zeiss USA did not want to know about it.
    Sarvo likes this.

Cheers' guys I will go with Tahr's recommendation I tried to ring Cameron sports and got no response, and the number for them listed on the Zeiss website was dead

Holiday up there today no one to answer the phone I know as I just tried calling an Auckland supplier.

Had a similar thing with my Swaro's. They stopped focusing, went through the NZ agent via shop I brought through, took weeks and cost me a fair bit of coin (which I'm yet to get to the bottom of). And then when my eyepieces crapped out a year or so later I thought bugger it, and contacted Swaro direct, and they had the binos repaired and back in my hand free of charge and within 4 weeks. Moral of the story, go direct, like myself and Tahr did.
    xtightg likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Had a similar thing with my Swaro's. They stopped focusing, went through the NZ agent via shop I brought through, took weeks and cost me a fair bit of coin (which I'm yet to get to the bottom of). And then when my eyepieces crapped out a year or so later I thought bugger it, and contacted Swaro direct, and they had the binos repaired and back in my hand free of charge and within 4 weeks. Moral of the story, go direct, like myself and Tahr did.
    I went direct when I lost my Swaro lens covers first time out, they got the local agents to send me replacements. For a fantastic set of Binos the lens covers are total ship an seem to break at the hinge rather often
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    I went direct when I lost my Swaro lens covers first time out, they got the local agents to send me replacements. For a fantastic set of Binos the lens covers are total ship an seem to break at the hinge rather often
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I bought my Zeiss HD5 scope from the States a couple of years ago. Its always had a bit of dirt on the reticle that annoyed me so I decided to do something about it.

I completed a form on their website about the repair and they got back to me immediately and said to contact the NZ agent. I've had the run around with NZ agents for stuff before and wasn't keen so I packaged it up with instructions and posted it to their repair address on the web site in Germany. Posted it on 20 December 2017. On 15 January 2018 (last week) I got a call from the freight company in NZ and they said that they had the package from Germany and that there was a "no charge" note in it and that customs would be releasing it to me this week. That was a 35 day turn around. Wonderful service.

So my advice is not to muck around with the NZ agent and send your binos direct to the repair address in Germany - which is on their web site.

Bugger! Bought a Conquest from Cameraland NY when there in 2011. Sent a query to Zeiss Germany re-erratic click adjustments. Redirected to NZ agent (Outdoor Sports NZ) to whom I sent the scope to be forwarded onto USA. That was mid-November. No update yet.

I hope it doesn't end in tears...

Nah, don't muck about with the agents. Send direct to Germany and tell them you need them in a hurry. Worked for me.
    xtightg likes this.

Yup go direct...

Sent my 1980 khales scope back to Austria to get some fuzz cleaned off the reticle. Had it back in 3 weeks with a full set of seals, new nitrogen purge and clran reticle. Also a note of apologie for the inconvenience! Top notch service!
    xtightg likes this.

As per my previous comment. Received my 'scope back today. It cost $40 postage to send and $68 customs for re-entry.

Package contained a brand new HD5 replacement!
    nor-west, Nibblet, Gibo and 2 others like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    As per my previous comment. Received my 'scope back today. It cost $40 postage to send and $68 customs for re-entry.

Package contained a brand new HD5 replacement!
    Why were you charged by customs out of curiosity?
    I was always under the impression if it was a warranty claim it wasn't applicable to being taxed as you've already paid tax when first purchased?
    Gibo likes this.

Just a fee for handling and clearance

Received a replacement Conquest HD5 2-10 x 42 today from Zeiss USA (via Outdoor Sports NZ) free of charge - yeah boi!

No tears, just a big smile
    nor-west, gadgetman and Frodo like this.