Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18Likes
  • 10 Post By 7mm Rem Mag
  • 1 Post By Mooseman
  • 1 Post By bunji
  • 4 Post By 7mm Rem Mag
  • 1 Post By rugerman

Thread: Another one of the litter

Another one of the litter

I went out for a quick hunt after work, arrived at 6pm, had a half hour walk and set up beside a fence line.

It wasn't long after I arrived that I looked up and saw 3 little pigs out grazing in the paddock 180 meters away and who should be just over the fence? None other than mummy pig.

Shit mum is a very smart animal, I was looking at her though the rangefinder at 200 meters and she was looking right back at me stairing me down.

She was front on so no shot and peering at me through long grass. Now I would love to get her as she is one big mean ass pig but I bet you she would love to get me too.

As per usual she got her young to come to safety. She was only just disappearing when a hind showed up, walked up to the fence line then started sniffing the air before also departing.

She was very flighty and it was like she scented me however the wind was more side on not behind me so not sure how she managed that.

Never mind I sat and waited until dark but nothing else so after fastening the spotlight off I set for home. I was only 100 meters from the truck when I looked up and there was a little pig very similar to the last one I shot.

I lifted the riffle and scopped it up, the pig just carried on like I wasn't there. I squeezed off a shot and over she went, my first reaction was to shine the spotlight around incase mummy was around but to my supprise she was no where to be seen.

I proceeded to gut it and take from just behind the front legs back which should give me and the Mrs a lovely feed.

Name:  20220218_215556.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  1.32 MB
    Trout, rugerman, bunji and 7 others like this.
    When hunting think safety first

More good eating there alright.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

We call all Game animals around the same relative age/size Snak Paks great eating size not bland from being too young & not overbearing game taste .Well Done
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

I cooked it in the slow cooker then slapped some marinade on it and finished it on the bbq.

I got my son and grandchildren around for lunch and we had chips and salad with it.

It came out very nice.
    When hunting think safety first

It's been well eaten by now
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.