Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree22Likes
  • 10 Post By Trout
  • 3 Post By craigc
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 2 Post By JoshC
  • 2 Post By Trout
  • 2 Post By 40mm
  • 2 Post By The bomb

Thread: Back door spiker

Back door spiker

Iv done a few ks lately chasing deer,but this was very close to home.Last week after the big thunder storm about 9pm on Saturday night.My wife was working in the kitchen,looked out the window,theres a roo,na its a deer,a fallow spiker feeding on the lawn about 2 mtrs from the back door steps.She rushed down stairs to get me,quick get out side theres a deer on the lawn.I grapped the phone,out side the deer had bounced away up the hill,stopped about 30 mtrs away and watched us.A little black yearling spiker.A great site so close to home.Theres a 20 acrer forest behind my house.So theres the od deer around.Iv got a photo,but cant put it on here.Last year 4days earlier I see a red spiker about 500 yds from home.So theres the od hind having a fawn around.Just cant hunt in there,to close to town.

Cool.
    My aim in life is to shoot a deer off my deck. No luck so far, but my son shot a rabbit.
    A least we’re on the board!
    veitnamcam, Shearer and xtightg like this.

Could shoot them off our deck here but it kind of seems wrong, freezer full at the moment so I'll see if my attitude towards that changes as freezer empties out..
    Micky Duck likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Shot first deer for the year last week (crazy I know-been a stupid busy year), from the seat of my truck parked in the driveway as it fed less than a hundred yards from the letterbox
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Nice to see them close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Cool.
    My aim in life is to shoot a deer off my deck. No luck so far, but my son shot a rabbit.
    A least we’re on the board!
    Iv shot a lot of rabbits from my house.Just rechecked the zero on my 22 subbie 14 inch barrel.Touching bullits on the dot at 30yds.Deadly little gun.
    Trouble is I do like seeing the deer life on the back lawn.Yet il travel 460ks to shoot one.
    40mm and xtightg like this.

@40mm cough
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

yup, we were seeing mobs of deer in the valley about 300m from the deck (elevated house site) One morning I jogged down the long drive and half way up the ROW, then collapsed on the ground. When I had stopped coughing up blood I quietly walked the rest, crossed the stream and walked up to about 70m of em. Bang, Bang. Two on the ground. The yearling was hit in the upper shoulder on a funny angle and looked like he might make a dash for it, so Bang Bang Bang. Three in the dirt and no ammo left. Jog back up the hill and get my knife.....Returned in the Cruiser and slit its throat, Lots of blood in there, Any Vegans reading this?
    Then skinned and gutted them. Got a home kill guy to butcher them.... holy shit that cost $450! Next time Ill be having a go myself.

I was happy to leave the deer around the house, but the council advised us that they were to be culled.....Cue freezer.
    Tommy and piwakawaka like this.
    Use enough gun

Good lord,I usually drive 3hrs each way ,walk for hours just to see a deer ..let alone once in a while I’m right place right time to shoot one,then I have to butcher and carry the thing for a few kms back to the car..and the Mrs still calls my hunting a “hobby”
    Huk and 40mm like this.