Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 17 Post By 7mmsf
  • 2 Post By 7mmsf
  • 1 Post By Luke.S

Thread: Five minute sika

Five minute sika

Me and dad thought we would sneak out for an evening hunt last night before the crap weather arrived on Saturday .
    So off we went parked up at clements road and walk an hour in to a old slip we watch.
    We got set up and had a quick glass the time was 6.00 nothing yet so had a chew on some bacon and egg pie before I could finish dad had spotted one .
    I got set up for the 400 yard shot and settled the cross hairs on its neck to allow for a little bit of wind drift if any and let rip .
    It was a good feeling seeing it drop and roll down the hill at the shot . Now for the mission over to get it , bone it out and a good couple of hour haul back to the truck .
    Was a good evening and we bet the rain and had some pretty well conditioned meat for this time of year.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  1.02 MB
    Wildman, P38, 7mmsaum and 14 others like this.

Still in her silvery coat! Great job. I'm off to try my best in this shit wind this arvo hnoes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Her summer coat was just starting to come through underneath. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsf View Post
    Her summer coat was just starting to come through underneath. Good luck
    Ah yep so she is molting now. Very cool mate, she's beautiful and will be delicious!!! She's looking in very good condition - as are you, no couch hunting this winter for you, was it?! What are you shooting with?

I'm headed into spot X somewhere between Napier; 24degrees and current wind gusts to over 60km, forecasted severe gale after 4pm - and Taupo; 11 degrees, moderate winds and stronger predicted for later. Oh joy. I guess you can't choose when your birthday is though, huh.. would have liked to get my first sika this weekend!

I wonder how the lads are getting on in vegas with their gong shoot in this wind.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Well done 7mmsf and good luck Dougie. Isn't your day tomorrow, 10 days before @TimeRiders?.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

nice condition hind there - good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Ah yep so she is molting now. Very cool mate, she's beautiful and will be delicious!!! She's looking in very good condition - as are you, no couch hunting this winter for you, was it?! What are you shooting with?

I'm headed into spot X somewhere between Napier; 24degrees and current wind gusts to over 60km, forecasted severe gale after 4pm - and Taupo; 11 degrees, moderate winds and stronger predicted for later. Oh joy. I guess you can't choose when your birthday is though, huh.. would have liked to get my first sika this weekend!

I wonder how the lads are getting on in vegas with their gong shoot in this wind.
    Looks to be not too bad a day out those ways tomorrow I was thinking about giving it a nudge myself in the morning out those ways .
    Last night I was shooting with my custom built 7mm super fatso (338 lapua magnum necked down to a 7mm) .
    She was molting makes it a challenge to keep the meat clean .
    gadgetman and Dougie like this.

Great shot mate........nice when a plan comes together eh.......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Sweet hunt mate, got to love getting the easier ones!
    7mmsf likes this.

awesome man
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap