Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree24Likes
  • 9 Post By Happy Jack
  • 3 Post By Steelisreal
  • 1 Post By Mr300WSM
  • 6 Post By Carbine
  • 3 Post By Happy Jack
  • 2 Post By Trout

Thread: Fog gets in the way

Fog gets in the way

As I had taken today off work and not working Fridays anymore I decided to race out for an evening wander last night. I drove home from work, chucked my tools out of the Ute and grabbed a bite to eat, gave the wife a peck on the cheek and shot out again by 5.15.

Drove over to the St James and parked up and headed away up valley, got to the hunting spot just after 7 and settled in to do some glassing with my new Leupolds and within 10 minutes the fog rolled in and visibility went down to 100m.

Gave up and headed out again the drive home was a nightmare 20m visibility over Jacks pass in the dark. I'm doing my bit for the ammo shortage as haven't fired a shot for a few months and wife reckons I should buy a dog lead for my rifle since all I do is take it for walks.

Sitting here looking out the window and trying to decide whether to go out again tonight.

Do it! You'll be inundated with we city dwellers from tomorrow ��

You could guarantee to see some animals by leaving the rifle at home? On second thoughts, don't. Your rifle enjoys the walks, honest!

With ammo shortages tell her you are saving money. It’s alright though there will be plenty of 270 left for everyone
    Micky Duck likes this.

what what the snow like up there all gone or just abit? up to 5ft snow drifts oct 1st last year had to walk from the gate what a bastard of a climb
    Name:  IMG_20201001_173944.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  6.99 MB
    Name:  IMG_20201001_174005.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  3.43 MBName:  IMG_20201001_183611.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  3.33 MB
    Name:  IMG_20201001_194133.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  2.34 MBName:  IMG_20201001_194138.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  2.37 MB
    Name:  IMG_20201002_071154.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  3.75 MB
    Last edited by Carbine; 21-10-2021 at 09:41 PM.
    Trout, Woody, Moa Hunter and 3 others like this.

Just got back went to a different spot but another hunter beat me to it as I found their campsite. Backtracked and shot up a side valley but too near the road so didn't expect to see anything.

Only walk 4km tonight on top of the 10km yesterday.

No snow anywhere really @Carbine. Edwards is still closed to vehicles at least until the end of the month.

No more trips out for me this weekend as I have to go to Chch doing house swap with son as we both have animals us more than him.
    Carbine, Steelisreal and dannyb like this.

Know that area well carbine.About 7 yrs ago,camp down by river.Woke up the next morning with 8 inchs of snow on the bonnet of truck,brrrr.Two days later,dugg our way up the last 200mtrs of the pass to see lots of deer tracks on the road in the snow.
    Carbine and Happy Jack like this.