Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree42Likes
  • 36 Post By shift14
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry
  • 1 Post By shift14
  • 2 Post By 300winmag
  • 1 Post By Scouser
  • 1 Post By Norway

Thread: Geriatrics in the hills

Geriatrics in the hills

As previously mentioned me and the other one had an 11 o'clock date with the scales at Helisika on Saturday morning.

They had the big machine ready for us, to lift the heart / lung machine, defibrillators, and medications required to keep us going for a week in the hills..licences to kill and last will and testaments signed, we lifted off....

We were under strict dietary instructions from our medics and caregivers, it was hard,but we toughed it out..

The normal haunts were revisited, crude attempts were made to lure stags into the crosshairs but were unsuccessful.

We took to admiring the vista of our wee patch in the hills..

Two days of rain meant enforced horizontal P.T., and a few hands of Patience.

Foolishly the other one thought we (he) was sufficiently rested to climb a fucking hill !!!...

After 23 stops on the way to the top of the ridge, we ( I ) set up on a nice wee spot, waiting to see what drifted out from cover for for an evening graze...

My companion, "ShuffleFuck", set up on a rocky outcrop further along from me...

As hoped, our finely crafted plan worked, and out they popped for a feed..

The heavenly charts, the Zodiac, met service.com, tide charts, surf2surf, were all consulted, and the resultant alogorithym (sp ? ) was inputted into the Austrian optics mounted on the mighty Sako ballistic walking stick.. nek minute...boom....not a dream 8 pointer, but one of his smelly arsed little roots was headed for the sausage machine...

We skipped off back to the hut and a few celebratory Dilmahs, the retrieve delayed to the next morning, clear skies and a frost meant the meat was good till the morrow.

Wind and conditions meant we were confined to one end of the block. Numbers sighted seemed to be down on previous years, but a week away from the world with a good bugger for company was simply awesome.

No sooner was I back in the ( real )? world, I feel under the hawk like stare of the medical staff, and I was forced onto the scales....thankfully they showed how rigidly I followed the dietary regime laid out for us, and that Whittakers Bars, Chocolate biscuits, and scroggin laced with Winegums and M and M's just peel away those extra kilos with every mouthful.

Proof is I ended up just a shadow of my former self...

B

Brilliant, but you cant have followed the diet correctly, there appears to be no bacon or fried bread to go with the eggs.
    EeeBees likes this.

The gluten free, fat free, preservative free, sugar free, cholesterol free veni sausages were out of shot mate, cooling on another plate.

B
    GWH likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hilarious B. Good work.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

GWH
    Fantastic! Loved it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ejected
    Good stuff uncle!

You old boys still going in the hills are a great inspiration, we had one older than you with us and he was the most motivated machine.

What car were you in? Was looking for the f-gay but couldn't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Good stuff uncle!

You old boys still going in the hills are a great inspiration, we had one older than you with us and he was the most motivated machine.

What car were you in? Was looking for the f-gay but couldn't see it
    Red HSV station wagon...

B

It was good to get away with the old bugger (he is one year senior to me), a grog free week, plenty of bacon and eggs and many cups of Dilmah.
    I dispatched a deer having a graze not 280 yds from the hut on our first full day in so thought we were going to clean up from there on in, it was hard going.
    Plenty of roaring early on in the trip but once the frosts hit they shut up shop. Same time last year she was stinking hot and plenty of animals seen.
    7mmsaum and shift14 like this.

Great result & report guys......drink free.....brave bastards......
    Beaker likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

"After 23 stops..."

Dude, that has nothing to do with age
    At least it's not 23 stops going to the toilet at night, that's old age getting you.

Excellent read.
    Scouser likes this.

cool

Nice shooting possie. I would probably have done it in 22 stops then crawled to within 100m for my eyes to get a shot