Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 10 Post By deer243
  • 1 Post By deer243

Thread: Last few weeks report

Last few weeks report

Hi, just a quick report on the last month or so what ive been up to around the nelson region.
    Had a little break after a rather uneventful roar. Managed a scrubby 8 pointer(fat as thou) and was very close to getting a very nice tall timbered 8 pointer that would of done nicely hanging next to my other 8 pointer on the wall (that's the one in picture 242DS)
    Went for a couple of hunts and shoot the odd goat here and there

Had a good look for a deer in the last few hunts. managed to spook 2 on one hunt then 3 on another, just didn't have the luck on when I came across them but managed to grab my scrubby 8 pointer head from the bush on one of them

Last week took my mate for his first deer bush stalking. hes shot a couple before spotlighting and clearing hunting but hasn't got one in the bush.
    Took him to a spot where I saw some sign couple weeks before and spooked 3.
    Saw abit of sign here and there, tried to show him any tricks of the trade I knew on how hunt deer in the bush and what sign to look for etc.
    Found a game trail with some promoising marks from a couple of animals. Soon lost them as they had crossed over to the other ridge out to our left. Decided to have a rest and a drink before I was going to cut over there for a look.
    While we were chatting away and about ready to move on my mate hears a sound across on the opposite ridge where we heading. Blow me down he sees a deer heading on a game trail heading toward our ridge.
    He did what I took him as the deer sees him and slowly brings his lattee rifle up (7m08) (not quickly or mad rush) lines it up and shoots it in the neck!
    Mission complete, we were both happy as larry so was a good day (me pictured with his deer

This weekend I went to pick up my two game cameras. After picking up the first one I headed of to a spot where I saw fresh sign of a couple of deer when I set them up a month ago.
    Sure enough, saw the sign again and soon found a nice yearling. Bush was thick as thou, and only clear shot I had was a head shot . Had my 243 and had faith could pull of the shot normally but the angle was bad, straight uphill and free standing . Didn't fancy my chances 100 pcent and didn't want blow its jaw off or anything so decided to give it a mis and watched it while hoping for a better shot.
    Murphys law that didn't happen but hunting isn't always about getting a animal so was still good to see a deer where I thought I find one.
    Picked up game cam 2 and could see marks that looked no more than a day old from a big stag that made a wallow straight under the camera!
    Ended up with a pic (half a pic lol) of a smaller stag from 2 weeks ago in it then got this big boy in the wallow from yesterday. he looked a nine pointer from couple of other shots of his antlers as the wallow he made was too close and under the camera to get decent pictures lol.
    and that is about that

cheers Good to see still in hard antler but not for long
    Last edited by deer243; 24-08-2015 at 12:53 AM.
    veitnamcam, Grunta, mikee and 7 others like this.

Good stuff Jase
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

nice,well done!!

Good shit.

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    Nice one how long is the 8 pointer in the picture that goes 242 DS?
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Nice one how long is the 8 pointer in the picture that goes 242 DS?
    35 3/4 and 34 1/2. 32 inch spread Shot local, measured by local DS scorer from NZDA (W. plum) Went 126kg without head and dressed. Shot bush stalking last roar (2014) Same head as in my profile pic with the other head which is also on the wall, 10 pointer shot local also which went 210DS 30 x 30
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Well done, enjoy your reports