Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By Mrs Sideshow
  • 1 Post By gadgetman

Thread: Married to a Kiwi: Stewart Island, here I come

Married to a Kiwi: Stewart Island, here I come

Hello everyone

well, in about four days time, I will finally arrive in Stewart Island, the place no one of my friends on the other side of the world had ever heard of, but the one they all got to know through my blog.
    Some of my friends envy me for the time I will be spending away from civilisation as we know it and most can't wait to get an update.
    I have finished the last of the packing!
    and hope that I have everything I need. From what I understand, GPS, Mosquito spray and fishing rod are at the top of the list. I have thrown in some warm clothes, a rain coat, kindle, crisps, Haribo, Havana Gold and various other things.
    Sideshow has now safely arrived and it seems they even have a cell phone signal. Not sure how I feel about that, seeing that I was prepared to accept complete wilderness....

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has read my blog so far. I have been overwhelmed by the positive response, because, I will admit, it is pretty scary to come onto your forum of real hunters when you are just a spoilt little girl from Europe. Thank you for all your good advice, the private messages of promising me a bubble bath and a hot shower, to meet up in Christchurch and everything else.

As everyone has said, I'm sure I'll be completely smitten by the beauty of your country.
    And while I still might feel like screaming after a night in a cabin with my brother and father in law, I also know I'll survive.

You will get an update when I'm back

Until then, cheerio and wish me good luck

Very envious. Looking forward to your trip report.
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    And.....? @Mrs Sideshow
    You loved it ?
    Hated every minute ?
    Decided to live there ?
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !