Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 10 Post By sometimes
  • 1 Post By sometimes
  • 3 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By stickle7

Thread: More goat meat

More goat meat

Headed off to north taranaki again last week for 3 nights for some hunting and book reading looking at the weather forecast before i left .Man is it wet down there creek runing high water sitting every where .Got there caught up with the owner had a chat got to my camp and set up had a cuppa and waited for the rain to stop when it did me and the dogs headed out for a look spyed a couple of goats up a gully dropped my day bag headed up though the scrub to get closer wind was a bit wrong managed to shoot both of them for dog food Name:  PB160184.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  1.30 MB Back to camp it had started raining again another cuppa and some book reading the rain had set in so got tea going had that then another cuppa more book reading woke the next morning to rain had breakfast when the rain eased up went and had a look in a pine block didnt get onto any thing just to wet headed back to camp the rain finaily stopped so we went out again walking up a track to look into some nice gullys the dogs where shoeing heaps of interest in a shitty gully on the way up when a young goat popped out onto the track in front of use quickly loaded my trusty old 308 shot him in the head as he run off gutted it and left it in the shade for picking up on the way backName:  PB170189.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  1.17 MB Carried on up the dogs were telling me there was more around went with the dogs to a nice little gully they were right sneaked in close another shot and another nice eaterName:  PB160188.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  1.21 MB Dealt to that goat there headed back picked up the first one i had shot and walked back to camp hang the first goat up and put the boned out meat from the secound one into the chilly bin by then it was time for tea .Woke the next morning to rain again when it eased up went out and hunted a bit more saw a few goats but were to hard to get to being so wet be some more for the next trip back to camp and cut up the goat i shot that popped out onto the track the day before chops and roastsName:  PB180197.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  990.7 KBName:  PB180198.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  1,021.5 KB I saw this guy a couple of years ago lives in agully always see himName:  PB180193.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  1.02 MB So apart from being so wet another good trip 4 shots 4 goats

Lost For Time
    Nothing wrong with a bit of goat, Good meat there. Dogs indicate and bail ?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt !

My dogs indicate and bail this trip just indicate it was so wet just hunted the easy places
    BushHunter likes this.

Good to see goats being used for more than just target practise, they are good eating.
    jakewire, northdude and Tommy like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Naki = rain....nuff said..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kw
    Nothing wrong with goat meat, real good.K
    sometimes likes this.