Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By sometimes
  • 1 Post By HNTMAD

Thread: More goats

More goats

I did a trip to north taranaki couple of week ago went for 3 nights .Got there set my gear up had a cuppa headed out for a hunt first thing try and find some goats and get some dog food .Found a couple got a rest fired down goes the first 1 wait to the other 1 turns abit fire again down it goes 2 for 2 off to a good start. Then to my disbelief the first goat gets up and starts to walk off into the scrub so I send the dogs out to grab it witch they do get over to it check the goat to see where the shot hit just nicked top of the head and knocked it out for a few seconds . So that became the dogs dinner. The other 1 was for the freezer back to camp sort the meat out .Next day get up no rush having breakfast hear a car horn its the rural postie saying gidday and giving me a paper to read ended with 4 by the end of the day .The next day woke to heavy rain waited to the rain eased up headed out and managed to get another 3 so a couple of good eaters the rest for dog foodName:  P1000039.JPG
Views: 499
Size:  760.1 KB Name:  P1000048.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  753.3 KB Iam going to be doing another trip there soon going to be going for 4 nights should be good

Good work, wish I could find a spot with a decent amount of dog tucker on the hoof

That's the story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be tough goats up that ways having to have a rip collar on ya dog

Hamish
    Shootm likes this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

There was a bit of pig sign about so I always run rip collars on my dogs and a tracking collar better to be safe than sorry

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes View Post
    I did a trip to north taranaki couple of week ago went for 3 nights .Got there set my gear up had a cuppa headed out for a hunt first thing try and find some goats and get some dog food .Found a couple got a rest fired down goes the first 1 wait to the other 1 turns abit fire again down it goes 2 for 2 off to a good start. Then to my disbelief the first goat gets up and starts to walk off into the scrub so I send the dogs out to grab it witch they do get over to it check the goat to see where the shot hit just nicked top of the head and knocked it out for a few seconds . So that became the dogs dinner. The other 1 was for the freezer back to camp sort the meat out .Next day get up no rush having breakfast hear a car horn its the rural postie saying gidday and giving me a paper to read ended with 4 by the end of the day .The next day woke to heavy rain waited to the rain eased up headed out and managed to get another 3 so a couple of good eaters the rest for dog foodAttachment 51069 Attachment 51070. I am going to be doing another trip there soon going to be going for 4 nights should be good. Check best gun safe dehumidifier here
    Good job!.

Good skills
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes View Post
    There was a bit of pig sign about so I always run rip collars on my dogs and a tracking collar better to be safe than sorry
    good to know you have goat and pig dogs, do they pull deer down too, Or are they just pig dogs??

Hamish
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz