Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19Likes
  • 11 Post By stagstalker
  • 1 Post By silentscope
  • 1 Post By Black Rabbit
  • 1 Post By Rusky
  • 1 Post By Mooseman
  • 3 Post By Moa Hunter

Thread: My April

My April

Apart from some choice hunts on a trip in late March, my roar was a dud unfortunately. I can thank how much COVID knocked me around in early March for that. Fortunately I have finally started coming right and over the last two weekends managed to get some easy farm hunts in with my Dad and wife Beka. Slowly building back to full fitness for more serious action in May/June. Here’s two videos of the hunts for your viewing.

https://youtu.be/zYLscaJVPe8

https://youtu.be/634jII1wkto

good to see you still got out there. getting covid ruined my roar plans too so feel your pain there its a long road to recovery.
    stagstalker likes this.

Hi
    There are two things I like very much from your clips. The first video, from 46 seconds, that forests is where I always wanna to be. Second is the quad bike hunting, I was dirt bike rider before, so you may understand my feeling when I see bikes/ quad and a good terrains.

This covid really took away our strengths. I used to be a gym person, bodybuilding four times a week. After two years running of pandemic, I lost 3kg of muscles and now my weight only 70kg. Good for you mate, stated moving. I am looking forward to you next video.
    stagstalker likes this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    Your roar may have been a bit of a dud but your pre roar certainly wasn’t!
    Funny how COVID affects people differently. I only had middle symptoms, much like a bad hangover, yet others I know got hit really hard.
    The covid got you? I remember the last time I got fever was 2003, before SARS landed in my city. I was sick for a month more, coughing all the time, can`t sleep well because of difficulty of breathing in night and with fever. But never went to hospital because did `t have enough ammo. So, I guess the severe case of covid is like this, right?
    Last edited by Black Rabbit; 28-04-2022 at 09:33 PM.

Great hunt with the wife. My 5 year old watched and was impressed.

The stag with the leg shot will most likely survive, they are tough bastards.
    Last edited by Rusky; 29-04-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Great hunt with the wife. My 5 year old watched and was impressed.

The stag with the leg shot will most likely survive, they are tough bastards.
    Not in NZ, but I heard story said sika deer has incredible self healing capability. Even broken bones could be recovered within days and that `s why people use them for medicines and supplements.

Great video as usual. Shame about losing the second stag but I think it will survive as not so long ago I shot a 3 legged stag (front leg missing) he was in very good condition and could move as good as a 4 legged model.
    stagstalker likes this.

Banned
    Great vids. On the subject of lost deer, a mate shoots at 'centre shoulder' as his normal aim point. The problem with it is that if the shot goes low it results in a broken leg and tracking etc. This happened to us again on the weekend. Mate broke the leg on a young stag that was thought to be a hind (not by me) and had to be followed. I didnt have a rifle with me and ended up killing the stag with my knife in a creek which was not fun and potentially dangerous.
    I have had a chat with my mate. I think that with a shot behind the front leg, if it is low it will be either a complete miss or a heart shot. I know the high shoulder can be an 'instant drop' but it does have more risk of wounding imo
    Carbine, stagstalker and RV1 like this.