Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: My four year old apprentice

My four year old apprentice

Hey everyone, here’s a video I made from a hunt with my daughter the weekend just been. She has not long turned four and this was her first hunt walking and not being carried in the child pack. Hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/qP6SB0NBrac

Banned
    Totally Impressed !!
    Cordite and stagstalker like this.

Great day out for you and your daughter, she sure had a big day out , looked a little sleepy on the way home. Really Cool.
    stagstalker likes this.

Ned
    Awesome!!!
    Haha right at the start when the tray was down and you were 'get up' I thought hang on, is your kid going in the back? LOL.
    stagstalker likes this.

wicked.
    stagstalker likes this.

That brought back a lot of memories my kids are all grown up now, but what l used to do was start taking each one for their first hunt Duck hunting in a great Mai Mai we had set up on a relatives farm. I recommend it for anyone starting out taking kids look at doing, it means you have a warm sheltered spot for them & they can take their favorite doll or toy gun with them, as well as a bag of snacks etc to keep them entertained. My wife came up with a with a really great idea at the start (she is the brains of the operation, just don't tell her ) she knitted a warm hat for each of them in their favorite color that you could feed the hearing protectors through, meaning they would stay on/not get lost/not get annoying to wear etc.

We had our own family tradition that my wife would come out with them on the first hunt, youngest was my boy at 2yrs the other 2 girls at 3yrs old & just to show how influential those times were in later life ,all the kids have now hunted around the world ,the youngest girl shot at AA levels in 3 different countries .

The oldest girl was always fascinated in the anatomy of the Game as l cleaned them & l would do my best to explain what various organs/muscles did & where they were in our bodies etc , everything from Quail to Deer & in how important it was to get & keep knives sharp for cleaning game ,she went on to become a veterinarian who has worked in Australia,UK,Africa & the US & now lives with her husband running a 4 Veterinarian clinic in the UK,.She tells everyone that it was those early hunting trips that led to her becoming a Vet.

Enjoy these times with them mate you are doing a great job at bonding & raising them.
    Last edited by bunji; 24-11-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Priceless,youl have to make up a DVD for her to keep.
    Micky Duck and stagstalker like this.

A, very well put together production. I foresee this being screened for many years in the future at family gatherings...........to the embarrassment of your daughter, (dependant upon the company at the time.)

ebf
    Very cool
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Bloody awesome dude
    stagstalker likes this.

now that was cool to watch...please tell me you take the eye fillets as well???
    watching that it really shows how lots of little snacks is huge for the wee tikes.
    keep the vids coming mate AWESOME.
    stagstalker and grandpamac like this.

Cute. The little one not you. :-)
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Awesome!!!
    Haha right at the start when the tray was down and you were 'get up' I thought hang on, is your kid going in the back? LOL.
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    That brought back a lot of memories my kids are all grown up now, but what l used to do was start taking each one for their first hunt Duck hunting in a great Mai Mai we had set up on a relatives farm. I recommend it for anyone starting out taking kids look at doing, it means you have a warm sheltered spot for them & they can take their favorite doll or toy gun with them, as well as a bag of snacks etc to keep them entertained. My wife came up with a with a really great idea at the start (she is the brains of the operation, just don't tell her ) she knitted a warm hat for each of them in their favorite color that you could feed the hearing protectors through, meaning they would stay on/not get lost/not get annoying to wear etc.

We had our own family tradition that my wife would come out with them on the first hunt, youngest was my boy at 2yrs the other 2 girls at 3yrs old & just to show how influential those times were in later life ,all the kids have now hunted around the world ,the youngest girl shot at AA levels in 3 different countries .

The oldest girl was always fascinated in the anatomy of the Game as l cleaned them & l would do my best to explain what various organs/muscles did & where they were in our bodies etc , everything from Quail to Deer & in how important it was to get & keep knives sharp for cleaning game ,she went on to become a veterinarian who has worked in Australia,UK,Africa & the US & now lives with her husband running a 4 Veterinarian clinic in the UK,.She tells everyone that it was those early hunting trips that led to her becoming a Vet.

Enjoy these times with them mate you are doing a great job at bonding & raising them.
    Awesome, that's pretty cool to be able to see a direct link from the way she was raised to where it lead her in life

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    now that was cool to watch...please tell me you take the eye fillets as well???
    watching that it really shows how lots of little snacks is huge for the wee tikes.
    keep the vids coming mate AWESOME.
    Snacks are compulsory alright haha, eye fillets are sitting nice and cool in our freezer
    Micky Duck likes this.