Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: The new knife

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Bill sure makes a great looking knife. I met him around 10 years ago now and he looked old then so I would be surprised if was anything in the forge lately. Bill and Al Brown are a couple local knife makers I would like to get my hands onto a nice example of their work.
    Nathan F likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Fisherman View Post
    Beautiful knife and some real history there if you have read Philip Holdens books. Great story, good memories, good times!!
    Absolutely. I still dine out on those hunting classics from time to time.

Well done both of you. Won’t be long before you’ll be the one struggling to keep up with the pace.
    Nathan F likes this.

Neat story and well written, I can just imagine your lad non-stop chatting at the worst possible moments behind you. Im betting I did the same when my Dad used to take me out as a kid. A proud moment for him and you, and pictures to remember it. Enjoy the eating. Congrats.
    Nathan F likes this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

My 15 year old (almost 16) is a great companion and turning into a good hunter too. He’s faster and stronger than me now, except for hand to hand combat (luckily!).

It’s funny you mentioned superstitions as I have a few too. I’m real keen to drink from the first creek I cross to ‘connect’ to the whenua and bring good luck to the hikio. Failing that I always pick up a stalk of dry grass and stick that in my mouth.
    Steve338, Micky Duck and Ned like this.

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    My 15 year old (almost 16) is a great companion and turning into a good hunter too. He’s faster and stronger than me now, except for hand to hand combat (luckily!).

It’s funny you mentioned superstitions as I have a few too. I’m real keen to drink from the first creek I cross to ‘connect’ to the whenua and bring good luck to the hikio. Failing that I always pick up a stalk of dry grass and stick that in my mouth.
    Nothing wrong with that either. Nothing beats cool clear bush water

Meet Bill back in 1973 at Tussock hut, he was hunting the area with a mate and when we arrived they just kicked back and had a break, for several days. Really nice fella.
    We managed to shoot about 5 deer that trip so we tailed the deer for them, it was around Waitangi weekend and I shot a 10 point sika which had throw backs still in velvet but keepable, Bill took some photos of it as he said he hadn't seen one like that in his time culling.Name:  14.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  200.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Meet Bill back in 1973 at Tussock hut, he was hunting the area with a mate and when we arrived they just kicked back and had a break, for several days. Really nice fella.
    We managed to shoot about 5 deer that trip so we tailed the deer for them, it was around Waitangi weekend and I shot a 10 point sika which had throw backs still in velvet but keepable, Bill took some photos of it as he said he hadn't seen one like that in his time culling.Attachment 157598
    Awesome. Love the old pics
    Mooseman likes this.

thats a weird sika for sure....
    Mooseman likes this.

Love that knife.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosts View Post
    Love that knife.
    never heard of "buck knives"

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    How many moons we talking? He had a few of those knives, and I’d like one as they’ll never be blooded under his ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MOFO
    Nathan F likes this.

Pair on the left a twin set in same sheath. Great steel in these knives as well as being beautifully crafted.

Name:  20210107_123600.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  2.63 MB
    Nathan F, Pauli, Mooseman and 5 others like this.

are these for sale i would love some . he had the table next to me at a palmy north knife show 20 plus years ago still kicking myself i didnt get one then

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by john worthington View Post
    are these for sale i would love some . he had the table next to me at a palmy north knife show 20 plus years ago still kicking myself i didnt get one then
    There’s a queue sorry john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk