Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: pretty good day all around

pretty good day all around

Nothing to exciting, I wanted to look for another pretty coloured goat skin to tan, this unfortunate chap drew the short straw, nice colouring with a thick mane down the back, saw about 15 in total. The weather was perfect today, after I tipped this fella over I parked up on a ridge for an hour with the Bino's, I saw 3 sows with a dozen suckers mooching down an opposite ridge, and a Stag and Hind feeding about 300 yards away completely unaware of my presence. A very memorable hunt indeed watching animals go about their business on a beautiful sunny day.
    Name:  IMG_0387.JPG
Views: 550
Size:  192.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0388.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  155.0 KB
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Hey Oneshot nice kill. Thats a really cool looking goat skin. Was wondering whats the process to tan this? i wouldn't mind doing one myself.

cheers mate, I just use the Leder tanning solution, its about as easy as it gets for tanning skins and doesn't cost to much for the solution. This is the last one I did now hanging on the wall in my man cave.
    Name:  IMG_0390.JPG
Views: 514
Size:  99.4 KB
    Met4lboy likes this.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Looks like some solid timber either side too be keen to see those heads and some stories to support them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Looks like some solid timber either side too be keen to see those heads and some stories to support them?
    Haha that's just a couple of heads I have kept, one is the first Stag I ever shot, and the other is just one that was quite memorable. their not huge heads, not much of a story really just good memories for myself.
    Last edited by oneshot; 04-11-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Gibo likes this.

Sounds like a pretty fair way to spend a day if you ask me, beats the crap out of having to skin 400 bloody rabbits, oh well, spose its all dollars in the bank.
    EeeBees likes this.

@oneshot is the rifle you used one of those new single shot pig guns? cant remember name think it starts with br. mate was looking at one for a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    @oneshot is the rifle you used one of those new single shot pig guns? cant remember name think it starts with br. mate was looking at one for a bit of fun.
    Bergara, you can get them cut down for a pig gun in 44mag. mine is 7mm-08, it does have a very short barrel on it because of the suppressor being right back.
    possummatti likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Bergara, you can get them cut down for a pig gun in 44mag. mine is 7mm-08, it does have a very short barrel on it because of the suppressor being right back.
    Still the standard 17 inches or did you cut more off? Nearly bought one a week or two ago.

Oh wicked @oneshot that sounds easy enough, That one looks cool I like the Symmetry on that 1. Thanks for that now I have to go find somewhere to bowl over a couple goats and get a couple for my man cave!

Does the smell come out ?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by nellie View Post
    Welcome
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by nellie View Post
    Not completely at first, I wash the shit out the skins first, the tanning solution will get rid of a lot of stink, it does go after a while, the skins I have now don't smell at all after a few months.

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    Hay that skin came out okay great job.
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Hay that skin came out okay great job.
    Thanks, it was a bit of a rough job, I could have spent more time pegging it out to get a more symmetrical shape. I used to have about 20 odd goat and deer skins and ended up giving them all away. Just started getting back into tanning in the last year.