Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sulun TAC-12

Sulun TAC-12

As someone who always loved the Remington 1187 police with 14'' barrel i owned one for many years up until i had to hand it in when the E-cat laws were done away with. Another gun i always wanted to own was a M4 Benelli 14" with pistol grip stock and collapsible butstock but that was well out of my reach and not available in NZ. Since the raft of new gun laws i saw that Delta Mike www.deltamike.co.nz was selling a clone of the Benelli. after checking the youtube videos i saw that it exceeded the Benelli because it could handle light loads and all the parts were interchangeable. For $1199.00 i figured it was a cheap purchase to make as if it didn't work i could return it.
    After a day of using 250 7/8 clay loads, 125 00sg 36gr loads along with 20 Aguilla 7/8 1.75" slugs loads the gun never failed to shoot or eject. mind you i hadn't broke it down or cleaned it. when i did break it down and cleaned it all loads had been fired through the mod choke (gun comes with 5 chokes). Since then i've put another 1000 rounds of 28gr 9.5 Club28 loads through it and it always cycles....so now its pride of place in my cabinet. its not the same tool as my Miroku but if i need something to never fail with any ammo or for self defence or killing a hog in the bush i will grab the TAC-12.
    Now i'm saving up for another one with a 28 inch barrel and convention stock for duck hunting.

its the gun in the middle. (all guns available from deltamike.co.nz ) it also comes with a mag limiter behind the mag tube nut (easy to remove or replace). and breakdown doesn't require tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    dogmatix, Reprosniffer and Ftx325 like this.

Very cool shotty. I have modified my old mossy 500a along the same lines. Barrel was rusty so took it down to 14 inch and over lockdown remove the black on the receiver and polished the shit out of it. Also fitted collapsible stock and tactical forend which I swap between that and my 590a1 as the mood takes me. Would like to track down a wooden stock and forearm for the 590 and a heat shield and turn it into ww2 trench gun lookalike.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Why did you hand in your 1187? They were not affected by the new laws.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Why did you hand in your 1187? They were not affected by the new laws.
    Magazine extension. Plus they were paying a good profit for them, that's why I handed in my 1187 and x2 1100s

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Because when i got it pistol grips were outlawed so i put i on my E-cat licence. Since no E-cat now exist; no E-cat guns

Quote Originally Posted by nowool View Post
    .............. Since the raft of new gun laws i saw that Delta Mike www.deltamike.co.nz was selling a clone of the Benelli. after checking the youtube videos i saw that it exceeded the Benelli because it could handle light loads and all the parts were interchangeable. For $1199.00 i figured it was a cheap purchase to make as if it didn't work i could return it.................
    @nowool Is your model the 14 inch barrel model?

Are you still happy with your purchase of the Sulan TAC 12? I ask, not doubting you but because it is a serious contender on my purchase list, instead, because of the limited number of reviews of this or it's company.

I see these come in 14" and 18", can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages to me? I'm guessing with chokes the performance would be the same, 14" easier to handle in tight spaces but probably louder? Anything else?

I bought the 14" barrel and collapsible stock model purely for the cool factor and because it would have been a bad E cat firearm before but now is perfectly OK as an A cat firearm

A point I keep asking the A/O about whenever he is round inspecting, as yet he cannot explain why it seems the about face on police policy

I brought the 14” model as well.
    Holds 5 plus 1 so all good with capacity.
    Like the shorter length when shooting a stage and with the chokes, you loose hardly anything.
    100% function with everything I have feed it.
    Added the Blackhawk check riser so I can use the red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rugerman and 300CALMAN like this.

I managed to track down a Manufacturer's, (Solun Arms) You Tube comparison of the Solun TAC 12 with the Benelli M4.

https://tinyurl.com/yxf7tlfy

All vocal in Turkish ( I think) but with English subtitles and a claim that all parts of TAC 12, apart from the stock, are identical with the M4. There is a "speeded up" record of the 10,000 shots put through a TAC 12 and accordingly, it is claimed that there is a 10,000 shot guarantee.
    Anybody know how to convert an hour meter to a bang meter to satsify that a user is in within the warranty period/
    ANYWAY, there is a further claim based on the 10 k use that the life span of the TAC 12 is 50,000 shots.

I'm impressed and have bought one, now to see who lives the longest, it or me.....
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 06-11-2020 at 05:43 PM.

When you watch the video of the comparison with the benelli m4, keep an eye on the boxes of shotgun shells

The amount taken out at the start and when he's shooting changes so it's not one video of the two guns together side by side shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Collector View Post
    When you watch the video of the comparison with the benelli m4, keep an eye on the boxes of shotgun shells................
    I'm not sure which video you refer to (as there are several "comparisons" on Youtube), apart from it not being the one I provided a link to. I have seen such a video and never believe that the camera does not lie :>)

I'm surprised that you haven't made a comment about the shadows on the concrete foreground in this link showing evidence of stop start recording.

The company owner made a video between the M4 and his copy showing the m4 not functioning with the same shots shells that he then puts thru his product with no issues as well as firing a round under water

If he did it in one take shotgun to shotgun that would be believable but the boxes of shot shells amount changes that he shot so take from that what you will

Quote Originally Posted by Collector View Post
    The company owner made a video between the M4 and his copy showing the m4 not functioning with the same shots shells that he then puts thru his product with no issues as well as firing a round under water...........................
    Ah, I have viewed that one. I didn't note what you mention but will try to locate the video and watch again.

However, with the cover extended to NZ's by the Consumer Guarantees Act. let alone a manufacturer's warranty, I am not nervous.

I expect the purveyors "Delta Mike" to be honest and responsible should I have an issue and I bought the beast just to give the fingers to the Show Pony and her odious little Hobgoblin who confiscated my Mossberg Maverick.

Like the Maverick, I may never even make it go bang, but this wee beast not only matches the Maverick, it is an evil black gun with a pistol grip which required an "E" licence last time.......but only an A now..... So I shall make the effort required to go BANG :>)

Heigh Ho, as I get older and the world grows a little colder, my opportunity of protesting let alone finger sticking, is sadly eroded away so I must seize upon any opportunity....however small.
    Ben Waimata likes this.

Same reasons as me for obtaining said plaything however I did want it to cycle light loads

I fired up the progressive shot shell reloading press and took some rounds to the range today and have established what pressure range it needs to have to operate in to cycle

It runs better with the tightest choke screwed in and I don't think a lighter recoil Spring will do much as it looks to be on the limit to cycle a round as is so other than opening up the ports abit, my one needs hotter loads