Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 12 Post By Chris
  • 3 Post By Chris

Thread: A weekend spent in excellent company

A weekend spent in excellent company

Was offered a block in Woodhill for Sunday with some excellent company added in .
    So accepted the offer as you would and at minor cost.Traveled up on Saturday evening,
    staying at the Helensville pub Sat; night then a short trip to Woodhill Sunday morning.
    Couple of beers with the crew & into bed with a laid back start in morning.
    Myself & companion hunted some long yards until early afternoon found the big clearing
    we'd been told about. We started skirting the clearing until that turned to poo & we had
    back track ,time getting on plan was hatched to work our way back to the road.We had
    to be at road end & transport by dark.Skirting the clearing just inside the pines Maureen
    spotted a pig coming down a spur threw the trees. Took me a little while to see it but
    her good eyes picked it up fast.Our pig turned off the spur but my friend soon had it
    located again. Not able to get a clean shot I stalked into a better position from 90m to
    30m.With not much pig in sight ,basically its ass & a little bit forward.I was trying to work
    out angles to get a clean shot with Maureen getting a bit anxious .With the remark of
    "shoot the F%#*ken thing" I squeezed off. It had vanished ,my thoughts I stuffed up soon
    ended with the words from behind me "You Pole axed the bugger" . Relief and a whole lot
    work had paid off.
    I was then sent forward with 1 up the spout in case another was needed.Doing a half circle
    to come down on top of it.There laying on its back was 1 very dead pig ,not the 140 lb we
    had thought but a very solid 80lb-ish young captain cooker .Nice eater size in great
    condition.My mate soon joined me & congrads ,few pics then the clean up for the trip, 4k
    carry back . I had joking said at 1 point I shot it ,its your carry.Maureen son had it on
    heading up spur then round to cut the track back out to the road.
    Now the work with a line haul back out ,yep 4km + . She eventually stopped & let me have
    a turn carrying. I guess I might of lasted 2 km before I had to drop in. With co-ords checked
    1 km to road end ,cool 500m each.With my companion looking a knackered as I felt but we
    got there ,a haul & a half .Stuffed & happy all at the same time .

The photo's aren't great sorry .

The trip home was filled with a buz of conversation, with the sorry you got stuck the short straw today
    Chris. Well if thats the case I'll take the short straw every time thanks, a day I will remember for a very
    long time. A lady that was a privilage ,pleasure & honor to be able to spend the day in company of.
    The sharp eyes that spotted the pig ,what a lovely piece a prime wild pork .My freezer is choka now just
    need to let my body recover (mostly has) .
    Just hope I haven't put any thing I shouldn't in here ,guess I'll probably get a slap if I have .
    Gun control means using both hands

Great result mate....well done on the hard yakka....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

yum

Well done. How did the knees hack it?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Well done. How did the knees hack it?
    Couldn't walk much next day ,off to medical center for med;s again shortly.

Me with the pig where it dropped,shot taken from in the pines lower left of photo .

Maureen ready to do the carry back,unbelievable but nice to see .
    Dundee, gadgetman and stingray like this.

Nice write up Chris
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Good write up.
    Hopefully the only comment is how are you going to cook it? And your doing the washing up....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

2 shoulder roasts with roast veg . 2 back steak roasts (on bone) 1 tail end roast & 2 hind leg roast
    Then theres eye fillets 2, rib fingers with honey soy marinate ,flap as Sugar Pork (casserole).

I figure I shot it ,carried it out ,cut it up & packed it .WTF should I do dishes unless those other guys
    don't want any wild pork ?