Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree31Likes
  • 26 Post By 300wsm for life
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By BeeMan
  • 1 Post By outdoorlad
  • 1 Post By 300wsm for life

Thread: Yum

Yum

Went for a wander on Saturday with a mate. Left home at 3:30am to arrive at the start of the walk just after 5am. Spent the day wandering around looking for animals. Saw plenty of goats so we shot some of these, my mate took some back straps of the younger ones. Two weeks before we were in the same area and saw a few pigs, my mate missed a good boar of around 120lbs. So one the way home my mate thought I was pulling his leg when I said his pig was back. Had to point out that there was a black animal in the clearing, it was showing it's spine facing up hill. This also happened to be the same spot from two weeks ago. We lay down and got a steady rest when the animal turned it's head, bloody hell that's not a pig but a chamois. I asked my mate if he wanted to take it, he replied ' no I want you to take it' so I did. Took a wee while to get across the valley being careful to avoid all the earth quake slips. A nice young buck of 8.5inchs and a nice consolation prize as we were hoping to find the pigs again and possibly a deer. Lot's of sign of both.Name:  20180811_150518.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  7.60 MB
    Shootm, Tahr, outdoorlad and 23 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Nice.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    Went for a wander on Saturday with a mate. Left home at 3:30am to arrive at the start of the walk just after 5am. Spent the day wandering around looking for animals. Saw plenty of goats so we shot some of these, my mate took some back straps of the younger ones. Two weeks before we were in the same area and saw a few pigs, my mate missed a good boar of around 120lbs. So one the way home my mate thought I was pulling his leg when I said his pig was back. Had to point out that there was a black animal in the clearing, it was showing it's spine facing up hill. This also happened to be the same spot from two weeks ago. We lay down and got a steady rest when the animal turned it's head, bloody hell that's not a pig but a chamois. I asked my mate if he wanted to take it, he replied ' no I want you to take it' so I did. Took a wee while to get across the valley being careful to avoid all the earth quake slips. A nice young buck of 8.5inchs and a nice consolation prize as we were hoping to find the pigs again and possibly a deer. Lot's of sign of both.Attachment 92853
    Well done.
    I would much rather eat the goats tho.
    Kiwi Greg and dannyb like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

.243 addict
    Nice conciliation prize, cool out there doing it.
    WallyR likes this.

A bloody great mate to keen for you to harvest the Cham ! A great day out well done both of you
    Nil durum volenti !!

Nothing wrong with that consolation prize, great job.

Was a stunning day on the hill. Can't seem to get the orientation right with my photo's. Sorry about the side ways photo.

Nice, we got one Saturday as well.
    Tahr likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Good stuff outdoorlad.

Cool picture. Sounds like a good spot, lots of variety!

stirfry your chammy in small cubes its pretty good eating....personally prefer it to thar. very nice bonus. you wont ever forget your first cham.

Not my first. Shot and eaten a few now. I've never eaten a bad one. Don't quite understand why people think it's crap. A pissed up, sex crazed stag tastes worse than chamois.
    Micky Duck likes this.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    Don't quite understand why people think it's crap. A pissed up, sex crazed stag tastes worse than chamois.
    Ive never tried Chamois meat so cannot compare, but thats not saying much ;-)

Good work on the hunt and thanks for sharing it, the forum needs all the hunt reports it can get over winter, shes a bit quiet.

Well done
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive