Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By Driverman
  • 4 Post By possum_shooter
  • 2 Post By JoshC

Thread: 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero

1993 Mitsubishi Pajero

My old mans keen on a mint one 2.8 diesel (130 Ks) . I'm tending on side of caution as I thought they are crap . Am I right or wrong ? . He's been offer it around 4 k . Wants to tow a light caravan with it . Fire away
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

we traded our mint 1995 SWB @ 145,000kms 2.8 turbo for $2500, 12 months ago, if that helps
    Munsey likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I own a 1993 2.5 swb. Will go anywhere. Tows great.Isnt a race car. Mines done 268000k uses no oil.Price sounds reasonable to me.
    Munsey likes this.

All I know is Pajero in Spanish means "He who fiddles with himself for sexual gratification"
    Spook, Munsey, Toby and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    we traded our mint 1995 SWB @ 145,000kms 2.8 turbo for $2500, 12 months ago, if that helps
    And we should have kept it too so I could have a "hunting wagon"
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Nothing wrong with them. Our family has owned 11 between 1990 and now. Not one has had major issues. My last one was about 5 years ago...it was a wee demon off road but expensive to run daily so I sold it, for a Hilux which ironically cost me more money to keep on the road than any other vehicle I've owned!

My brothers 2001 diesel one has nearly 400,000kms on it, he's just done all the suspension, the motor/gear box hasn't been touched.

Dad runs the short wheel base ones on the farm with tractor tyres on all year round. They get absolutely punished daily and keep going. The only trouble he has had with his latest one has been his own fault, ripped the diesel tank out on a stump, and drowned it in a peat bog. Back up and running now. The running gear on them is quite heavy, so they handle spinning tractor grips all year round.

They were by far the most dominant vehicles in the history of the Paris to Dakar Rally. In my experience they are underrated.

$4k is probably about the right market value for that vehicle.
    Last edited by JoshC; 28-10-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    gadgetman and Munsey like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Thanks for feed back guys
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

northdude
    they are pretty good and as usual with most of the Japanese stuff just look after the cooling system and keep up with the oil changes cambelt and fanbelt maintenance and it will stay alive for a long time