Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 2018 Colorado

Bos

2018 Colorado

Anyone heard anything bad about these. Those that I've spoken to reackon the 2018 model is a pretty good truck on and off road.

Only thing you tend to hear people complaining about with the colorado is oil consumption, and of course dealing with holden dealerships.
    If your looking at the Colorado probably worth looking at the Dmax as well, they were brother and sister at one stage but these days more like cousins who don't talk much.
    mucko likes this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

I have had one for 5 months and have enjoyed driving it so far.
    Drives well with tons of power, lots of features and no problems encountered so far.
    My one has an ironman winch bar to suit off road usage and an upgrade in suspension to cope with the extra weight.
    They have a good service plan and are well priced which leaves the buyer to spend more on accessories to suit the purpose you wish to use it for.
    Havent heard of excessive oil consumption in this model so hopefully that was only a problem encountered in the last model.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Save our Tahr. They belong in the southern alps.

I've got one. Went auto after years of manuals. Had a 2016 manual before and that was great too.Very happy. Holden in Wgtn very helpful and no worse than other mechanics I've had to deal with. I do a bit of off road (firebreaks) on my bush block and she's pretty capable as long as you have good rubber. Oil consumption on both hasn't been an issue.

Name:  IMG_2213.JPG
Views: 582
Size:  1.77 MB
    Barefoot likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag

They changed oil specs to stop oil problems

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Only thing you tend to hear people complaining about with the colorado is oil consumption, and of course dealing with holden dealerships.
    If your looking at the Colorado probably worth looking at the Dmax as well, they were brother and sister at one stage but these days more like cousins who don't talk much.
    That was only a few of the first gen of the 2.8 ? I know of a couple that burnt a bit but both of those never got any work and were the first of the 2.8s, all those I know of that got worked havent burnt oil.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    We ended up with a November 2016 LTZ, was ex Demo so came with all the "extras" bolted on already and had done 11,000kms. We got balance of the 3 year warrenty but missed the free servicing.
    I like it mostly (except for the lack of feedback from the steering system), tows the boat really well. We would buy another one. Local Holden dealership were great to deal with nothing was too much bother unlike the Snobs at local Toyota outfit.
    All that said I still prefer my old 93 Pajero SWB shitter as i don't dare scratch the missus truck up off road!
    Name:  truck.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  1.17 MB
    Let dogs lead the way

Bos
    Yea I looked at the DMax over in Nelson and should have taken one for a drive, but didn't. Holden here in Blenheim tell me that the 2018 D Max has the same engine as what the Colorado had back in 2011. So the 2018 Colorado engine has been improved since then (they say)
    They have reasonable ground clearance on 18" rims which is improvable with some high profile AT tyres
    Thinking seriously........

Isuzu stopped letting Holden using the 3lt motor back then so they started using the 2.8.
    Its a little quieter than the Isuzu motor (or they have better sound proofing) and I think it has a bit more power, but much of a muchness really.
    There are plenty of S/hand 16" rims around that will fit on them and tyres should be a bit cheaper too.
    I've been looking at a replacement ute for the last month and everything has their pros and cons.

I've been looking at a replacement ute for the last month and everything has their pros and cons.
    This.... I ended going for a triton, couldnt look past their warranty and price, also got a "good" deal on an ex demo, ex-demo is the way to go then you avoid paying for towbar, rubber mats and deckliner (things that should be included really)
    veitnamcam, mikee and WallyR like this.

Yip, ex-demos can be great bargains, but round here (jaffaland) they all seem to be the same spec - extra bling, "sports bar", hardtop cover and silly 20" rims.
    I would have to get rid of the crap on it to set it up and make it useful for work, Besides I got a better deal new, with canopy, towbar, etc for less than any demo I saw.
    Amarok is now gone (was great for 120k and 5yrs then became typical european headache) and now have an Isuzu to put the next 200k on.
    As I said earlier all the utes on the market have their pros and cons, its a matter of finding which one ticks enough boxes for the buyer.

@199p tell us how your new Holden is Shane

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    @199p tell us how your new Holden is Shane

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Find out tomorrow bro mine got the tow truck with low oil friday night.

New motor under warranty but might trade in for a 2018 haha

Goes good tho

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Yip, ex-demos can be great bargains, but round here (jaffaland) they all seem to be the same spec - extra bling, "sports bar", hardtop cover and silly 20" rims.
    Yep ours has 19 inch rims and low profile ATs. My better half likes to tuck the truck in as close to the kerb when parking so you can imagine what they look like after 6 months !!
    All garked up
    Let dogs lead the way