Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 2 Post By ROKTOY
  • 1 Post By Ross Nolan
  • 1 Post By ROKTOY

Thread: Adventure kings winch

Adventure kings winch

I’m looking at getting a winch for my hunting truck, and can’t really get past these for price. Anyone running one? How do they hold up? I don’t expect to use it much, mostly as a safety backup if I get stuck out in the wops. I already have an mcc winchbar mounted.

https://nz.adventurekings.com/tourin...very-gear.html

No idea on their winchs but have their wood stove and been impressed with it so far. Felt lightweight and tinny but has lasted half a dozen or so fires now with no issues.

Quick freight from austrailia (quicker than from christchurch) and no isssues at customs
    dannyb likes this.

Ensure you use it regularly so you know it is still operational. Last thing you want is for it to let you down the day you need it. Water ingress and corrosion are an issue with any winch, potentially more with a cheaper unit. Dyneema does break down in sunlight so keep the rope protected.
    With that gear ratio it will be very slow, probably not an issue if only used as a back up.
    Supercheap winches come up on special regularly at a similar price and carry a good warranty.
    I have used Runva, Red winch and now have a Supercheap unit on my 4WD. So far the Supercheap one has been the most reliable. I do have a Warn unit sitting in the garage.
    veitnamcam and canross like this.

Be wary of any supplied wiring looms. I bought their spotlights (which are awesome),but have had to replace wires, plugs etc as they melted after a few weeks use.

I've got one, and have used it clearing my section, then yesterday gave it a hell of a run pulling my 80 series out of door deep mud.

It seems ok - as others have said, run it regularly (I pull the Toyota up a steep driveway every month or so), and when it was new I pulled the gear set apart and replaced the grease with something of known quality.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Banned
    What ever you get make sure it has enough power to completely lift the vehicle off the ground x 2. If a vehicle has to be pulled up out of a mud hole with the cable up and over a bank, the pull required goes up exponentially. A 12,000 will work. I have a 12000 Warn. Make sure the winch has 'power out' not just 'free' incase the cable / rope gets bound on the drum.

Supercheap currently have their 12000 lb winch on sale at $600

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    223nut likes this.