Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Any waikato mechanics on here at all - need help

Any waikato mechanics on here at all - need help

Water pump fucked itself on my 3.1 Isuzu Bighorn getting new pump tomorrow (thanks mum) but have not got a socket big enough to get the crank pulley off to get the timing cover off the engine so I can get at the last two bolts holding this damn thing on istead of keeping it bloody simple and having to expose timing belt crank seal etc plus I need the use of a torque wrench to tighten the frigin thing back up when that pulley goes back on if anyone that knows what they are doing can help box of piss or surfcasting in it for you as soon as i can afford to shout a box of piss the surfcasting trip wont be an issue.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Not familiar with the Isusu. Sure you have to take off the crank pully ? Usually the timing cover is split.
    If you do need to take it off your goin to want a rattle gun and a puller.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Hey mate i got the gear on the service truck and would be willing to help for a drop,where abouts are you

Good man RS :thumbup:
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by rookiesniper View Post
    Hey mate i got the gear on the service truck and would be willing to help for a drop,where abouts are you
    RS I am in Te Awamutu dude if that is not too far out of your way won't be able to fix up that box of beer straight away but will get something to ya as soon as I can and I really appreciate the offer of help which is generally a last minute swallow my pride and call for help. Cam this bloody thing is all in one piece on the Isuzu's it has bee a bitch right from the day I got it last year so far it has cost me over a grand to get it warrant worthy and damn near all of it I have done with no hassles till I had to to the waterpump which I was hoping would hold on till I could to the timing belt too, so tomorrow is new fan belt, front crank seal and pump. Just got the cunt of a thing out and it was totalled bearings where toast (about 5mm play when wiggling the impeller inside it) going by the stae of it I woud say it had been leaking water out through the bearings on it. Abouyt to investigate that crank pulley again apparenty there is 4 small bolts holding it onnot the big bolt going into the crank. One thing though I will never own another Isuzu big horn again even nissans are easier than this bitch to work on..

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Haha i know what you mean mate they can be a c!*t at times,flick me a txt on 0221073153 and we will suss out a time,i gotta go to oto and fix the inlaws car sometime soon so could swing by and give you a hand

Will contact ya later tonight mate got to get this thing sorted as soon as I can meant to be going for dinner on tuesday night at mums plus I have to have it ready incase I get a call out by a temping agency or a start at the cambridge by pass. There are definitely 4 bolts holding that pulley on but the damn pulley turns when I try to loosen it off so need a second person to hold onto that center bolt so I can get them undone.

You don't need to remove the large crank pulley bolt. Just undo the 4 smaller bolts holding the pulley on.

Give them a good blast of CRC or WD40. Give the heads a tap with a hammer also.
    veitnamcam and Cartman like this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    freckin big tick RS. H308 is an alright Dude, just needs a bit of a hand at the mo.
    Maca49 likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Allgood GA keen to meet some forum members aye seem like a good bunch on here

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    You don't need to remove the large crank pulley bolt. Just undo the 4 smaller bolts holding the pulley on.

Give them a good blast of CRC or WD40. Give the heads a tap with a hammer also.
    Sweet as mate the engine burped while under the wagon felling for those bolts and spat it clean out of the water pump housing and gave me a face full. I did manage to get the pump off with some cursing, swearing and loss of knuckle skin because I am such a stubborn prick and try not to let things beat me, the water pump is toast there was a good 5mm of movement when wobbling the impeller plus when you spun it the bearings sounded rumbly as hell and obviously water had been getting out around there as there was alot of rust film on the pump housing and inside the pulley and evidence of seepage from around the seal and to my horror there was shitloads of silicone around the water pump seal almost like a quick repair job, I would not be surprised if it was the carsales man who sold the damn thing to me.

My shopping list for tomorrow (shit my mum is going to love me)
    Fan belt
    Water pump
    front crank seal
    Loctite
    CRC
    Antifreeze

Timing belt can wait till I can afford to have someone do that for me I aint going anywhere near the timing system period

Rookie I will standby for your return phone call tomorrow seeing you missed my call this evening but will still try to get as much off as I can to reduce time spent and to try and make things as fair as possible on you and I once again truely do appreciate your offer of help if you can not get me on my landline my mobile number is 022 656 2811. Generally I am sweet working on my wagon but this job has done my head in big time and I thought changing concaves in a case combine harvester was a bitch with the lack of room inside those things to get the sections of concave in and out let alone squeezing between the body of the machine and the front tire aswell as watching for bloody snakes but that isuzu that thing just took the icing right off the cake for me.

Well this wagon is much worse than I thought got the pump back on filled the radiator with water and water started to run out from behind the backing plate that sit between the block and water pump so it will have to go to a mechanic to be fixed as there is much more involved than a box of grog would cover timing gear has to come off to get that plate off and repair the seal behind it. So much for me doing anything on my 40th birthday this month every bit of cash I earn will be going back to my mum for helping me out as soon as this piece of shit is paid off next year it is going on trademe at $1 reserve for parts only. I should have got a mechanical report done on it before buying off the dodgy car yard up killarney road in hamilton.
    Last edited by hunter308; 04-11-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Were there Orin's in the water pump kit? They will go behind that plate
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nope the pump just came with the silicone seal that goes onto the back of water pump there is a backing plate that sits between the water pump and front of block the gasket between the block and backing plate has shit itself which needs complete strip out of all timing gear plus removal of new water pump before you can remove that backing plate to get at the shot gasket it is now a job well beyond my capability, am in the right mind just to park it up but need it for my relief milkings and job interviews cant just go borrowing my mother and stepfathers spare car as mum likes to use that more than their holden cruze.