Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Ingrid 51
  • 2 Post By distant stalker

Thread: Boat trailer recommendations

Boat trailer recommendations

Hi all, looking to sell my 5.2m alloy potoon boat, was getting all ready for sale and when doing repairs on trailer found the previous owners had filled a heap with big and the whole thing has rotted out (the their credit the bog job was very good and took a lot to actually find it..
    )
    So to have it ready to sell with a clean conscience so as not to pass on any dramas to the next owner I'm looking at new trailers and experiences peoe have had with them. Aakron seem to be the strongest featured in any advertising at the moment. Any experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    just use the current trailer as a template and buy galv steel and fabricate a new one using all the bits of the existing one then just spray galv all the welds. lot cheaper than a whole new trailer.
    Contemplating that , quite time poor at the moment and also thinking would recover reasonable amount of cost in sale

FWIW I have a 2006 Stabi and trailer that have been used extensively in salt water. Although always washed after used, I took to the galv trailer with a green fabric pot scrubber before doing two top coats of Altex marine undercoat. The paint is intended to be topcoated, but my trailer looks brand new and still has the galv look to it. Altex Coatings are in Tauranga. Their products are superb.
    distant stalker likes this.

After digging through the steel pile I have enough galvanised steel to make a new one, suppose that removes one more excuse, time to get the tools out again
    rugerman and berg243 like this.

My mate got a spare trailer (long story but dosnt need it now ) . Come from a 5 + Meter boat , Can talk to him if you want ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Shame your in Chri. It be easy to sort for ya.
    Dan M