Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By screamO
  • 1 Post By 300winmag

Thread: Boats

Boats

Hi all, I've been a bit slack with any posting for some time. Its actually because I changed computers and the they wanted me to re-log in on every thing and I'm too dumb to keep up with my password, etc so I have to jump on the old computer which just log's in anyway.
    Anyway; after owning a couple of boats and then selling them and swearing and declaring I would never own another one (I'm sure you know where this is heading now), I've decided to be extremely stupid again and buy a boat. To add more insult to the whole boat thing I've decided to buy bigger and more expensive.
    I think I can properly blame a few people on this forum for this new found love!! Not to mention anyone, VC, stingray all posting there boating exertion's.
    Well I know asking questions about boats is a bit like asking what the best caliber rifle is, and we all know its a 308!
    So the Rayglass 4000 and the genesis 360, 4000 have always been high on the list but the rayglass has topped it for now. Anyone got any knowledge about them?
    A330driver likes this.

Iv'e had a Rayglass 4000 for the last 10 years, they have a heap more room than the 360, the 4000's are much better suited for fishing, sleeps 6 in the right configuration.
    Had 11 people fishing off mine, go's like stink as well.
    I don't get out on it as much as I like too, work commitments and the boys sport etc.
    One thing for sure, if you get one you won't be short of helpers, they are easy to drive and back into a berth, comes with a bow thruster so can basically walk side ways into the berth.
    They come stacked with electronics.
    The only thing I would change with mine is retrofit some teak decking in the cockpit area as mine has carpet and is a bitch to keep clean.
    I've just clicked over 400 hrs in mine, I purchased mine with 100 hrs on the clock around the GFC, got a good deal but am about to sell her later this year. Would like some bigger, something luxurious that you could spend a week or so on.
    screamO likes this.