Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: Buy or not?

Buy or not?

Thinking about getting a new to me truck.
    2018 Nissan Navara STX
    Full service history.

Any common issues to look out for?

Cheers

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

nice ears

Ive got one, havent had it long but it seems a massive step up over the absolute lemon that was the d40, first auto ute ive had and I must say I quite like the 7 speed, its always "in the zone" and tows quite well, mate has one same and tows 7m mclay around with it no worries, only thing that irks me about it a bit is it doesnt hold itself back very good on descents off road when in low 4wd box, I always find myself putting it into tiptronic and manually locking it down in 1st or 2nd. The 4wd system in them is very positive and it locks up pretty good and will push through nasty stuff pretty well, its actually a bit of a pig to drive round a carpark etc if youve forgotten to take it out of 4wd it will let you know.. Likewise traction control is quite good, on gravel road with a heavy horsefloat you can feel a huge difference if you turn it off. I think it could be a little higher off the ground but most new utes these days could be, seems designers have tried to strike a balance between capable off road, and drives like a car on-road. Have an ironman front bar on mine and approach angles etc are generally pretty good, not sure what theyre like with the factory bumper on them.
    Have heard from a few fellow owners that like rangers they like to chew the inside of the front tyres so its important to keep alignments up to date and tyres rotated etc
    Name:  20210314_082944.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  3.57 MB
    veitnamcam and Micky Duck like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, , 9.

strangely enough I believe you are SUPPOSED to use auto box down in 1 or 2 gear for off road decent no matter what stable they come out of.....
    Crekyhills likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    strangely enough I believe you are SUPPOSED to use auto box down in 1 or 2 gear for off road decent no matter what stable they come out of.....
    Yeap I don't doubt it. First time with an auto ute. Have driven a few CVT transmission 4wd vehicles and they all hold themselves back quite nicely. I think in some of the higher end utes equipped with hill descent control it a a non issue and you can just leave the vehicle in automatic and it does everything for you. First world problems!
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, , 9.

lol yes indeed....driving a forklift with monotrol downhill is eye opening..keep the revs up and engine enguaged or they take off....
    it was mate with big patrol who showed me what auto box can do....took it on board and the terrano behaves much better in the low 2 gears than left in drive..as you say they just roll on and dont really slow down,like a truck should.....pity they dont fit an exhaust/engine brake to utes LOL

Yeah exhaust brake would be very nice, the inner wheel chewing at the front is due to the swing arm design geometry - the front wheels come up at an arc when the suspension compresses in an attempt to keep the front wheel flat as the Ute leans out of the turn.

It’s also a possible sign that you are carting excessive weight over the front axle for the pussy arsed floppy stock front struts... Sagging front suspension means the front struts are slightly compressed at rest which doesn’t really show at alignment but presets the front wheels with camber and gives you the inner tyre chewing. Mine does not chew fronts, but it’s running iron man foam cell struts with a 10mm preload over stock.