Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By john m
  • 3 Post By Dundee

Thread: Carrying firearms on motorbike

Carrying firearms on motorbike

Considering a motorbike for transport. Keen to hear your thoughts about the legality/practicality/experiences of carrying a firearm.
    Intended to utilize a rifle bag or gun scabbard, or a pack with a scabbard. Obviously complying with all Arms Code requirements

Used to just sling mine diagonally and off I went, no knarly tracks or the barrel would catch when you lent forward and ducked.

Not sure on legality? don't see why not. ( my local cop was a good bugger when I was a kid, motorcross bike on grass verge bout 40kph in 6th to keep the noise right down and as soon as I hit the gravel (about 800m) was wide full open till I got where I was going) not a problem as long as I was quiet around the houses and wore a helmet.

No licence of any sort so I guess that bit wouldn't be tolerated anymore
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I travelled all around South island with mine just slung diagonally no gun bag. Was stopped once in North Island and checked that the bolt was out and sent on my way. Stopped on the way back in Picton while waiting for the ferry and it was suggested that I leave it at the police station untill the sailing ( I didn't ).Not so sure I would do it these days but have not been made aware of any changes to the law.
    veitnamcam and JoshC like this.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

Cheers for your replies. Will look into it a bit further.

Don't do what I did when I was younger. Got dropped off in town at BP had a single barrel shotgun with me. I was waiting to be picked up by my hunting group. They were late,shotgun was open and slung on my shoulder went into BP and bought a pie and fizz.

Wouldn't do it these days
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive