Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By veitnamcam
  • 4 Post By kokako

Thread: Cert of fitness...

Cert of fitness...

Got my p endorsement (not that p) and do the occasional trip for various employers. With getting a new vehicle thinking of getting c.o.f. Rather than w.o.f. Can this be done without it being registered to a business? Sort of makes sense in the way that c.o.f. Is a higher level of scrutiny so if something has gone wrong it a new vehicle you would be more likely to find out rather than a w.o.f

Obviously if it is a lot more expensive I won't bother but was just a passing thought I had last night

Please post how you get on as it is news to me that you could do either cof or wof

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Please post how you get on as it is news to me that you could do either cof or wof
    Will be asking next week but won't be getting truck for a few months yet.

I thought COF was just for over a certain GMV.?
    Gibo and Micky Duck like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I was pretty sure cof is only for vehicles over a certain weight. Doesn't matter if it's registered to a business or not

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/wa...te-of-fitness/

I may be missing something, but reading the above link, it seems that apart from weight issues, the COF is not really much different to a WOF anyway
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Got my p endorsement (not that p) and do the occasional trip for various employers. With getting a new vehicle thinking of getting c.o.f. Rather than w.o.f. Can this be done without it being registered to a business? Sort of makes sense in the way that c.o.f. Is a higher level of scrutiny so if something has gone wrong it a new vehicle you would be more likely to find out rather than a w.o.f

Obviously if it is a lot more expensive I won't bother but was just a passing thought I had last night
    If you are using ANY vehicle for passenger service it will require a COF regardless of weight.
    gadgetman, JoshC, Tommy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kokako View Post
    If you are using ANY vehicle for passenger service it will require a COF regardless of weight.
    Right on the money. This includes rental cars.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by kokako View Post
    Exactly even on private roads... so if I end up doing shuttle runs again next winter I can use my own truck instead of someone else's!

While you are at it think about setting yourself up as a contractor/self employed that way you might be abe to claim expenses back.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    While you are at it think about setting yourself up as a contractor/self employed that way you might be abe to claim expenses back.
    Thought about it but not doing enough really d it took me ages to get things sorted with my accountant and don't want to go through that again!!

Sucks about the fines though, will have to behave myself

SiB
    If you’re declaring the income from the driving you can claim the costs incurred to achieve eg R&M etc. I’m no tax expert but I’d suggest you keep an honest vehicle log book and all your receipts.

% of vehicle use against income will be based on a three month sample (at least that was my experience) and that % of income earning vs private use can then be generally applied..... (ie choose your three month sample wisely).

Frankly I ran a log book 100% for years anyway but it was never queried

Note that costs to earn will include your ph etc too so it should compliment your existing interests on the island anyway..... (if I understand correctly what you do, referred earlier somewhere previously, I think)