Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Savage1

Thread: Cost for new cambelt + maybe water pump for 1HZ cruiser motor

Cost for new cambelt + maybe water pump for 1HZ cruiser motor

1992 HZJ75 with 1HZ motor has just clocked up 300,000 and I probably should look at getting that cambelt done soon-ish. What sort of money should I be paying to get this done? Worthwhile doing the water pump at the same time?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    1992 HZJ75 with 1HZ motor has just clocked up 300,000 and I probably should look at getting that cambelt done soon-ish. What sort of money should I be paying to get this done? Worthwhile doing the water pump at the same time?

Cheers
    Cam belts are piss easy to do, on a vehicle like that they'll be even easier.

Less than $100 for the belt and about three hours if you've never done one before, at a wild guess. If it was mine I'd be doing the water pump at the same time.

If you're keen to have a go yourself then let me know and I'll try explain how I do them.
    Shamus likes this.

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Cam belts are piss easy to do, on a vehicle like that they'll be even easier.

Less than $100 for the belt and about three hours if you've never done one before, at a wild guess. If it was mine I'd be doing the water pump at the same time.

If you're keen to have a go yourself then let me know and I'll try explain how I do them.
    That is an option I was considering as well - thanks for the offer

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I had seen that earlier but thanks for posting it - nothing too major in there eh. I guess at 300,000 you might as well change the water pump while you have got the cover and belt off anyway ...

Book time for the whole job is an hour. PM'd you re specific instructions, torque settings etc

That is an easy one, doesn't even go around the crankshaft. If you can't find the timing marks just make your own with twink, I don't even bother with the timing marks any more, I just make my own.

I did a Rav4 in the weekend and couldn't even find the timing marks.

northdude
    it seems a simple job but if your not completely confident it could be cheaper to get a professional to do it than give it a go and fuck it up ive had to fix a few fuck ups (not mine) in the 30 odd years ive been doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Book time for the whole job is an hour. PM'd you re specific instructions, torque settings etc
    Thanks @Tommy - got all that