Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Decent airhorn for the Hilux?

Decent airhorn for the Hilux?

Hey guys,
    I drive into Auckland city every day for work. Most of the time it's in heavy traffic. As a result I get a lot of pricks squeezing in front of the truck when they shouldn't and making me have to jump on the brakes (it's a bit hard to pull up a 2 tonne truck when a retard with his hat on backwards in a lowered integra pulls in front of you with a few meters to spare).

The Hilux has a pretty average horn so I'm wanting to put an airhorn in it so I can deafen the pricks if they do something like this.

All I've seen is a $50 jobbie at super cheap... but I'm imagining that'll be pretty shit. What do you guys reckon? Anyone had any experience with one?

Caretaker

ebay.com will give you a few train air horns to choose from, feed them with a 5/8 inch inside dia air hose from a 20 litre air tank and you will get your point across
    Survy likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    ebay.com will give you a few train air horns to choose from, feed them with a 5/8 inch inside dia air hose from a 20 litre air tank and you will get your point across
    That'd damn near blow them off the road!

My old man has a Mack airhorn in his old Navara that's hooked up to a compressor. That thing is LOUD.

I wasn't thinking QUITE that big

Caretaker

19 litre air tank then.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Reminds me when I did my time at the NZR years ago, I was in charge of scrapping the old Vulcan railcars, god knows how many sets of Loco horns we gave away. Fitted a set to my Morris Minor connected to a rail wagon air reservoir in the boot. Use to cruise up Colombo St on a Friday night giving it death. Gave a set of loco horns to some guys that ran a Falcon 500 in the Variety Bash years ago.
    7mmsaum likes this.

Haha the horns are rather embarrassing on the hiluxes i avoid using mine....i think it actually has a slightly happy tone actually...goes no way towards the #&/&$ you ^#^@&@ message you want to give them anyway. Had aset if chrome truck horns in a previous vehicle that gave aclear message. Not he cheapest but good value for entertainment returns lol

If you want to send a dont fuck with me message would big bull bars like on land cursiers be better and get right up there ass.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    If you want to send a dont fuck with me message would big bull bars like on land cursiers be better and get right up there ass.
    Yeah but if they jab the brakes you.get the fine

True, but you would have to be retarded wanting to jam breaks on with bullbars like that behind you.
    VIVA LA HOWA

They are Aucklanders....dont give them too much credit.....

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Reminds me when I did my time at the NZR years ago, I was in charge of scrapping the old Vulcan railcars, god knows how many sets of Loco horns we gave away. Fitted a set to my Morris Minor connected to a rail wagon air reservoir in the boot. Use to cruise up Colombo St on a Friday night giving it death. Gave a set of loco horns to some guys that ran a Falcon 500 in the Variety Bash years ago.
    Older brothers mate hate one in his PA Vauxhaul too.

Actually I'm sure I have some air horns and compressor sitting in the garage.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I can't find them anywhere! I have a couple of sets of nudge bars at my folks place and my dad had a set of bull bars from the earlier modern (up to '95) but mine being the next shape up is a bigger and wider truck and most of them didn't come with bull bars. I can't even get the rubbish looking plastic covered nudge bar thing to set up my spotlights on.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Get a trucker hat and some Dixie horns
    yeeha cleatus!
    Name:  redneck.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  63.9 KB

I would so love a set of air horns for my 96 daihatshu charade it would vibrate the car to pieces, I'm currently using ford falcon ba horns I got from scrap yard for $30 plastic fantastic
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Well SuperCheap have some $50 plastic electronic air horns. I am wondering whether them AND my old horn would be any good.

My BMW used to have a fantastic horn. It'd sound very very pissed off. Like an angry german shouting. Actually there's an idea. Maybe get a couple of horns from some wrecked 3 series...