Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Arsenal

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: dot sell your boat until

dot sell your boat until

dont sell your boat till you have got a replacement sorted. just sold my 5.7m mac boat thinking i would get new boat ordered and built in next 4 months but no build start time is feb-march next year and that is from 2 local builders one a sole welder and the other is a reasonable sized manufacturer who has 100 plus on order now havent bothered to contact the other 2 makers down here they look to be just as busy.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    dont sell your boat till you have got a replacement sorted. just sold my 5.7m mac boat thinking i would get new boat ordered and built in next 4 months but no build start time is feb-march next year and that is from 2 local builders one a sole welder and the other is a reasonable sized manufacturer who has 100 plus on order now havent bothered to contact the other 2 makers down here they look to be just as busy.
    Yes - that has been common knowledge since Spring
    Back then they said Xmas 21/22 at earliest for new builds

Frewza and or Stabicraft??

Heard the same is true at osprey.
    All that covid cash and holiday money being spent on "tick" I think

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Frewza and or Stabicraft??

Heard the same is true at osprey.
    All that covid cash and holiday money being spent on "tick" I think
    Didn't Cindy front the whole Bill for new boats
    Thought she said we all meant to be kind to one-another :-)

Having been around when people were paying 19% on their house mortgages, I can see the attraction the younger generation have for super cheap loaned money, and a world that revolves around 'new' and 'must haves'. But its not theirs, its loaned, and they will be paying for those toys for the rest of your working life. And if the dice rolls the other way, someone will be coming collecting all those toys...

My first mortgage was @ 17.25%

I hope for the sake of all those who never remember what it was like the dice does not swing back that way.....cause it would cause much pain

Bummer high and dry aye. Maybe you could bludge a few rides in friends boats unless you're like me and is the one "with the boat" cheap bastards my mates.

Oh and my first HP was 26%. I remember thinking about how much it was in total for my stereo and decided then to only pay cash from then on. Oh course a house is a few more pingers. I paid 9% for this place but lucky those days are over since going "free hold"

@berg243, what kind of boat were you looking for?
    There is west coast boats here between Hamilton and Raglan ( Te uku) that makes some pretty good crafts. I m not sure how busy he is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    My first mortgage was @ 17.25%

Cheap! Our first month was at 23% and it came down to about 17 within a year. You tell Americans that and they think you're BSing.
    nor-west likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Having been around when people were paying 19% on their house mortgages, I can see the attraction the younger generation have for super cheap loaned money, and a world that revolves around 'new' and 'must haves'. But its not theirs, its loaned, and they will be paying for those toys for the rest of your working life. And if the dice rolls the other way, someone will be coming collecting all those toys...
    Nah mate, things are going nuts up North these days, properties are sell quickly, and for asking prices at that.
    I know of 11 properties sold in last month and 9 have gone to out of towners from the big cities, these guys are seriously cashed up... there,s enough in the perse for the property, the boat, the bike and still something left over.
    these guys are not worried about loans, they've got the readies.
    In short cashed up babyboomers.
    Property are selling, if your not fast you miss out.
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
    Nah mate, things are going nuts up North these days, properties are sell quickly, and for asking prices at that.
    I know of 11 properties sold in last month and 9 have gone to out of towners from the big cities, these guys are seriously cashed up... there,s enough in the perse for the property, the boat, the bike and still something left over.
    Can ask your generation

So the people that sold to the BB's from AKL - they living in what now
    Tents ??
    The only ones I can see who could/would win (and they could lose too) is the ones who borrowed up large to buy "excess" property for rental or speculation etc
    Those from them that "cash up" now and freehold their living dwelling from profit/capital gains on those excess assets - would be on a winner

When I said - could lose too - I meant they could lose potentially more capital gain or appreciating values by bailing out now
    But My old motto is
    A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush
    Last edited by Sarvo; 22-02-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
    Yep, I get that: There's 80 something thousand (so 30 something thousand families) cashed up expats back on our shores looking for a quality place to call home and have the readies for sure. Plus oodles to spare for toys.

No, I'm talking about the early 30's Kiwis (tradies, small business owners, public service dudes on a good wicket) that are not returning from overseas all cashed up. I see them at dirt bike events. 12 years in the workforce and driving a 50K SUV, 15K box trailer, 2020 KTM 300, and know they are in their own home, and ask....do the math, an awful lot of that HAS to be on tick
    erniec, Dublin and Happy Jack like this.

Yep, I get that: There's 80 something thousand (so 30 something thousand families) cashed up expats back on our shores looking for a quality place to call home and have the readies for sure. Plus oodles to spare for toys.

No, I'm talking about the early 30's Kiwis (tradies, small business owners, public service dudes on a good wicket) that are not returning from overseas all cashed up. I see them at dirt bike events. 12 years in the workforce and driving a 50K SUV, 15K box trailer, 2020 KTM 300, and know they are in their own home, and ask....do the math, an awful lot of that HAS to be on tick
    Yup i stuffed up my time in oz. Came back 4 years ago with a minimum deposit, dropped a heap in wages and had a 200k jump in mortgage.
    Felt like a first home buyer at 45.
    Drive around in a 94 4Wd and cant afford to replace the missus car anytime soon.
    Doing week on week off away from home for just a little more than what i would get in CHCH but struggling to afford to drop to that.
    Issues at home are not helping.
    Bloody glad its a low mortgage

In business you are told don't spend your own money, spend others money, i.e the banks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Can ask your generation

So the people that sold to the BB's from AKL - they living in what now
    Tents ??
    The only ones I can see who could/would win (and they could lose too) is the ones who borrowed up large to buy "excess" property for rental or speculation etc
    Those from them that "cash up" now and freehold their living dwelling from profit/capital gains on those excess assets - would be on a winner

When I said - could lose too - I meant they could lose potentially more capital gain or appreciating values by bailing out now
    But My old motto is
    A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush
    Its all property types across the board that are selling not just the households.
    sections, lifesyle, bushblocks-big and small, beef blocks, not so much dairy.

An average townhouse in Aucks can get someone into a 100hec plus beef block in the far north or buy two or three small bushblocks or two beach baches.
    Yes, what do those that live in the North do when they sell, and where do they go, it is a slippery slope.
    The values of property in the North are going up quickly with demand, like air going into a bubble...will it burst or will it just keep inflating, not a case of if but when, who knows.
    Property just seams to be a safe place for some to put there dolleros rather than the bank at a 1% or whatever low return.

Not good for those wanting to get on the property ladder, maybe thats a clue to when the bubble bursts.

Oh yeh, and I'm a BB just not a CUBB.