Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Escudo engine

northdude

Escudo engine

Hi does anyone know what 1500 engine you use to repower a Suzuki escudo cheers

Uh Oh Dunc, That sounds serious for a Mechanic to ask that question - Is it for yours...?

Go to TradeMe or Te Puke partsworld.
    Grab a G16A engine and away you go!
    Carpe Diem likes this.

Ls1????
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam and northdude like this.

Just gotta say, I deal with more than a few wreckers at work, and Te puke partsworld are by far the best wrecker I've ever encountered. Price wise, availability, any way you care to look at it.

G16A is original and good to go. You can get quite a bit more grunt out of them also by removing emission gear etc.
    Tommy likes this.

northdude
    yep its not the best but its holding up cd its got the usual crack in the block behind the water pump I talked to te puke parts world and he was good but mentioned id be better off putting a 1500 in it they do a few you get more torque and they are more reliable just wanted to know if anyones been down that road and wondering what vehicle the engine comes out of it would be good to pick an engine up a bit closer to home

Cultus perhaps? GC21W

Mine has a standard G16b. I thought the escudo / vitara / Sidekicks started at 1600 and went up to 2.0 litres later on. Didn't know there was a 1500. That would be a 1500 from another model perhaps?

The 8valve 1600 was supposed to have more torque but less rev than the 16valve 1600 - Almost identical motor, just different heads.

northdude
    yep they were 1600 the 2l was a mazda v6 engine they also came out with a mazda diesel in them im ok with mine as I know to keep an eye on the water I just want to get it sorted as im thinking of selling it im always a bit sceptical about these bolts straight in conversions the 1500 sounded a good option as the 1600s are known for cracking blocks and heads so theres a possibility that I could get a second hand 1600 and it might have a cracked head then ive got 2 fukd engines and being a mechanic for to long im over working on my own car as we are It looks like the cultus is the donor engine ive looked at pics of them and they look similar except the dizzy and need to see one in real life to see how the water pipes and engine mounts go cheers for the input guys just hoping someone here has done the conversion

Extractors. You won't get the head problem.
    Well known Escudo/Vitara fault, and remedy :-)

northdude
    Its got extracors

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Just gotta say, I deal with more than a few wreckers at work, and Te puke partsworld are by far the best wrecker I've ever encountered. Price wise, availability, any way you care to look at it.
    Mate the whole town is like that Bloody centre of the BOP right there chief!!
    Tommy likes this.

The vitara SWB also used a 2lt 4 cylinder as well as the 2lt v6.