Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Hit by thieving scum.

sneakywaza I got

Hit by thieving scum.

Anybody in Christchurch knows somebody suddenly has a new wheel with a brand new Maxxis Mudder (32/15) on it gimmie a shout, not bothering with the police, they don't give a shit- Will sort the prick (or pricks) myself. Wheel is off a late 90's Mitsi Pajero.

Was it your spare ? . That sucks hope you catch the thieving cu$@ts ! . You are right about police , I reported a stolen 4 wheel quad stashed in the scrub that I stumbled upon . Was more than happy to help explain as to where to find it & gave all my contacts , that was weeks ago . Haven't heard boo from cops . Probably been picked over by the pricks that stole it now
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Doesn't generate any income so the police are not interested in investigating stolen stuff.
    Didn't even come and look at where my jet ski was stolen from.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Unfortunately, in these times they have higher priorities than stolen goods. Cynics may think, yeah, speeding tickets, but on the face of it, that accounts for feck-all of their resources. Most of it is likely used on domestic incidents and violent crime. It sucks for when you've had gear nicked, its a violation too, but that's what insurance is for. Yeah, sometimes the excess is more then the gear was worth, C'est la vie I'm afraid. If you insist and take the time to do a report, you've meet your obligations and in time, the police-work may well catch up and you'll get a result. I'm not on the force and wouldn't have their job for any money. These days they rarely get a break, from Joe Public, the bloody press or the crims.
    Savage1, gadgetman, Konev and 3 others like this.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

ebf
    Agree with ishoot10s, unless you report it, the cops have zero chance of returning it if they catch the scumbags.

Assuming you are not insured or bothering to claim if you don't get a case number ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

The reality is "petty crime" breeds hard crime ! . Ambulance at bottom of cliff stuff . I agree The police are the meat in the sandwich ,fuck all resources and if the do catch the useless little f&$ks , it's not worth paper work as the judge lets them off because they never got hugged as a baby ! .
    Savage1 and gadgetman like this.

ASSHOLES man
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    The reality is "petty crime" breeds hard crime ! . Ambulance at bottom of cliff stuff . I agree The police are the meat in the sandwich ,fuck all resources and if the do catch the useless little f&$ks , it's not worth paper work as the judge lets them off because they never got hugged as a baby ! .
    So there's the answer then. Hug ya babies.

a couple of years ago, two big lads from my work were out having lunch in carpark when the spot a couple of likely lads shifting around the cars (about 100 cars in the carpark). So they went over and challenged them, things got heated and one of our lads performed a bit of an arm lock while the other called the rozzers. Turned out that the "visitors" had a rucksack with implements for car thieving. All this took about an hour, during which time a 4x4 pulled into the car park with a trailer loaded with stuff that wouldn't suit our business use. One of said potential thieves tried to be smart and indicate to the new arrival that now was not a good time to turn up. Plod stopped the vehicle and it turned out to be third member of party. Said vehicle and trailer were not actually the property of driver, nor were the goods in the back either. As a result, Three thieving scum caught, stolen 4x4, stolen trailer and digger, back of 4x4 full of stolen skis and household goods.

Turns out the thieves were from Timaru, driven up for the day in a stolen, dumped it when they got a new form of transport and just went round the industrial est before dawn taking what they wanted out off ther peoples cars. They had form, so Timaru police nicked them for other crimes against humanity.
    Savage1, ishoot10s and mikee like this.

sorry to hear mate , ... as to the police , .... I report almost everything that I think is wrong or find stolen stuff , .... im not a do-gooder or a dobber ... but you commit a crime in front of me , and we are going to talk , .... the main reason I report to police is it can make up part of a picture of a larger crime , crims are stupid and do the same modis operendi every time , ... a little bit of info , goes into the coppers little notebook and then they refer back to it or what you told them may jog a memory of something similer .... I would love to be a cop , for the all the right reason , ... but life threw me a curve ball , .... .... hope they find your tyre and wheel in a drug raid , ... but if you don't report it , it can never be refered back to you ... cant hurt anything but time to report it ....
    Savage1, ishoot10s, Dougie and 1 others like this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

There was a case of the Clemence drilling yard getting stuff stolen , ie plant and fuel . They caught them red handed and collered / ruffed them up . Took them to the cops and the cops charged the drilling boys for kidnapping Wtf ! . So you can't even give the punks a swift kick up the arse .
    bully likes this.

Reporting can be incredibly valuable for intel, even if you believe there are no lines of enquiry. I would encourage you to report this even just to Crime Reporting Line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum, Savage1, Danny and 1 others like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Was it your spare ? . That sucks hope you catch the thieving cu$@ts ! . You are right about police , I reported a stolen 4 wheel quad stashed in the scrub that I stumbled upon . Was more than happy to help explain as to where to find it & gave all my contacts , that was weeks ago . Haven't heard boo from cops . Probably been picked over by the pricks that stole it now
    Yep, was the spare, snapped out the lock bolt and for some reason took the mounting studs as well- going to fabricate some kind of bracket/lock assembly that makes it harder. Have sourced a replacement matching wheel and good second hand tyre, cost me $320 and a couple hrs off work, untill it is thief proof it will live in the truck. Every 4wd I see in and around Chch will get looked at for wearing a new Maxxis (and I get around the city a lot because of work) and if I see one that isn't wearing matching tyres, will be having a short and direct conversation with the occupants.

I know the problem 257weatherby, I had my spare new 32x11.5-15 and mag stolen earlier this year, ... along with the almost new fronts, and rears and everything holding them all together and inside. At least $1k worth of tools and recovery gear in it too. Report it, it helps even if they are not actively looking (needle in a haystack trying to do that anyway). When someone gets caught with gear they obviously didn't obtain legitimately it improves the chances of them getting nabbed for the gear if the police can trace it back to being stolen.

Don't get too hung up on it, it is only gear and can be replaced. Just the reality of the world we live in. Relax and carry on.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I can't say much due to certain parts of my contract but if you're not happy with Police response etc then put it in writing, nothing will get done about it otherwise, send it to the local MPs etc.

It is an extremely frustrating and thankless job, but then I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.