Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I want one

I want one

https://www.driven.co.nz/news/lifest...take-on-dakar/

Name:  dakarjimny3.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  130.5 KB

Reckon this would be the ducks nuts.
    muzr257, mikee, GravelBen and 8 others like this.
    Just...say...the...word

I've always thought they'd be a fun vehicle to drive. Especially indoors like in the film the "Italian Job"

Name:  mini.JPG
Views: 644
Size:  68.5 KB
    dannyb likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Would be fun vehicles.

We got a little 2 door Mitzi i car at work and it's actually quite fun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_i
    660cc turbo that's surprisingly quick around city as it weighs feck all and the engine sounds good if trashed. I recon strip all the seats, side doors, rear door, glass, carpets etc and it'd be great fun on a go kart track. In fact replace the road wheels with quad bike wheels, put a little flat deck tray where rear seats are and its a poor man's Polaris............. DIY project thoughts beginning to happen!!!!
    hunt08 and WallyR like this.

A mate has a little suzuki jeep, whacked on a set of tractor tyres and that things goes places!
    Wirehunt and dannyb like this.

Don't doubt the lil 'Zukis. My old shitbox used to dance past the dedicated Safari/Pajero guys. Something to be said about a light 4wd well set up.

jimmy with tractor tyres ate my isuzu mu all day and i had done a fair bit of work to that mu.
    Wirehunt and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    jimmy with tractor tyres ate my isuzu mu all day and i had done a fair bit of work to that mu.
    I need tractor tires on the zook

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I need tractor tires on the zook
    no you need a new alternator
    dannyb likes this.

The old one is out just need time to put a new one in

My barber in Western Australia, had a picture of his Jimney, wife and son plus himself, climbing a sand dune (they have a few there), in a competition - WA 4x4 club, and flying off the crest.
    He won highest jump for the day - a clear 1.2 metres.
    The nearest was 600mm - twin turbo Toyota 4.8L V8, in an early F-series Toyo body.
    He had to do a demo THREE times, as no-one believed the 1300 engine - stock standard in every respect - could out-jump a 750hp modified Toyota.
    Wirehunt, Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

These new Suzuki's are 1.5 litre. About time they gave it some more grunt so maybe better travelling on the highway? In Blenheim Road, Peter Monro Commercials they have been upgrading them from new, adding ARB front bar, off road tyres, removing rear seats and inserting a custom ali box to store gear. I think for a forestry company going by some words written on the windscreen?
    dannyb likes this.

Sand dune jumping?

Well... far be it for me to judge others... but I'm gonna anyway. Its the stupidest thing you can do in a stock 4WD, like really really stupid. Watching our Arab friends wrecking countless 4WDs in the desert is one thing, they've got way more money than sense and they are short on entertainment options in general, but for the regular bloke who thinks he'll give it a go? In his stock truck? Dumb arse.

You can enjoy hours of truck dune jump fails on YouTube. Hours and hours. Every one makes me cringe.... why??? WHY??? I can't find the one of the guying crying his eyes out after he face plants his FJ Cruiser. Dick. Its hard to find it funny to be honest.

This would have resulted in a few tears. What a cock. Bonus face plant!

As for our Arab friends... well...

Just...say...the...word

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Cool looking but I think they crash about as well as a Mahindra
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Sand dune jumping?

Well... far be it for me to judge others... but I'm gonna anyway. Its the stupidest thing you can do in a stock 4WD, like really really stupid. Watching our Arab friends wrecking countless 4WDs in the desert is one thing, they've got way more money than sense and they are short on entertainment options in general, but for the regular bloke who thinks he'll give it a go? In his stock truck? Dumb arse.

You can enjoy hours of truck dune jump fails on YouTube. Hours and hours. Every one makes me cringe.... why??? WHY??? I can't find the one of the guying crying his eyes out after he face plants his FJ Cruiser. Dick. Its hard to find it funny to be honest.

This would have resulted in a few tears. What a cock. Bonus face plant!

As for our Arab friends... well...

The Landy still looks mint. THe GMC, not so
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    The Landy still looks mint. THe GMC, not so
    my thoughts as well