Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Kenda tires any good?

Kenda tires any good?

Hi all

Has anyone had any experience with the kenda tires? Specifically looking at thier r/t and a/t tires.
    I need a new set for the work ranger and looking at options. Got Hankooks currently and they were good but considering a set of r/t instead of a/t.
    The kenda ones seems quiet cheep compared to other brands.

Cheers

@madmaori

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    madmaori and Ingrid 51 like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

No experience with them, not even heard of them doing vehicle tyres but worth noting they have been making bicycle tyres for a very long time and have a good reputation there.

Very good quad bike tyres

Yea they have been around since the 60s and have collaborated with well known tire manufacturers

Yes. PM @madmaori. He knows tyres.
    His recommendations (and prices) have always worked for me.
    erniec, madmaori and kukuwai like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

I just can’t go past the Mickeys, running the ATs and currently have done 85,000 km on this set and still all sitting at around 8mm. Just have to rotate and keep them aligned and balanced.
    They’re a lot more open than a lot of ATs but also nice and quiet still. $550 a tyre, haven’t done the maths but would be worth working out once they’re worn out.

As above, I have run Mickey Ts for years now. 265/70/17s ATs on Prado’s. Always get 70k plus and good traction all the way. Last quote a few weeks back was just under $400 a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    As above, I have run Mickey Ts for years now. 265/70/17s ATs on Prado’s. Always get 70k plus and good traction all the way. Last quote a few weeks back was just under $400 a corner.

Is that the BAJA ATZP3? That is a very good price. I run the same size.

Kenda in my opinion have really started to go up in price over the last few years , the supplier of them really are a good bunch of guys that swear they test really well but they get paid when they sell them so I always wait until I have put them through their paces myself or with customers that know how to pedal and are honest with me and as of yet I haven't driven on them.

What size are you running on your vehicle? I have just come off a set of the Federal R/T and was really impressed by them.
    Pro's-Super strong construction , really good handling and feedback in the dry , nice and quiet , good aggressive pattern that cleaned well.
    Negatives-Got quite noisy with a bit of uneven wear (quietened up when I rotated and they wore flat again) , little bit slippery in the wet (you can't really expect amazing wet performance from a aggressive tyre in wet conditions).
    jakewire, ROKTOY and kukuwai like this.
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    Is that the BAJA ATZP3? That is a very good price. I run the same size.
    McNotty, got a quote for 4 new tyres last month but yet to pull the trigger. Normally i run the ATS which is now the All Terrain 38's but am going to move to a model with a bit more MT in it. This will be the Baha radial ATZ P3. Fitted and balanced here they are $380n a corner from the dealer for 265/70/17's. You can get a automated quote from MT which was $415 from memory. For comparison Maxi AT811's were quoted a $355. So for the extra $25 i'd go MT no question..

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    McNotty, got a quote for 4 new tyres last month but yet to pull the trigger. Normally i run the ATS which is now the All Terrain 38's but am going to move to a model with a bit more MT in it. This will be the Baha radial ATZ P3. Fitted and balanced here they are $380n a corner from the dealer for 265/70/17's. You can get a automated quote from MT which was $415 from memory. For comparison Maxi AT811's were quoted a $355. So for the extra $25 i'd go MT no question..

Hope this helps.
    Just clicked that you’re in Oz. Face palm moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan88 View Post
    Hi all

Has anyone had any experience with the kenda tires? Specifically looking at thier r/t and a/t tires.
    I need a new set for the work ranger and looking at options. Got Hankooks currently and they were good but considering a set of r/t instead of a/t.
    The kenda ones seems quiet cheep compared to other brands.

Cheers
    @Dan88
    What Hankook A/Ts are you using?
    Looking for some 18" A/T tyres and Hankook seems to be the best value for money by a long ways, just can't find many reviews for them online.

Look at Falken Wildpeaks or the newer Maxxis Razr at881. Both get fantastic reviews. I think I’ll go from running mud tyres back to the Maxxis AT on my Landcruiser.

Billbob likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Brad (Madmaori) set me up with Toyo Open Country AT11. Am so impressed. Quiet. Excellent plus on wet tarmac. Grippy enough in the rough. Wearing great (48K and looking fresh).
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi