Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Landcruiser vx

Landcruiser vx

Wise heads of the forum
    Landcruiser vx yay or na?
    4.5 v8 I'm guessing you'd pass most things except the service station?
    Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had the pleasure of driving one but those I have talked to really rate them.
    BRADS likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Got an old guy comes into work has one for years, loves it and has it on LPG. Tows a fairly large boat with it
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I've driven a couple, including the Lexus version with all the leather and stuff. Awesome vehicles, handle well too. You're right about fuel though, on LPG it would be bearable I guess

Your not talking about the turbo v8 diesel then?

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Very nice trucks, i drove a few when i worked at toyota.
    Go for it!!!
    BRADS likes this.
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

If you're talking the twin turbo model, then yea they can certainly boogie. Smoke most boy racers of the line which is great fun, handling is a bit of a let down but you have to remember they are a bit of a tank. Fuel, now that's a different story, if you drive them hard they love the fuel....drive them hard with a trailer and they love it more.

You cant have power without burning fuel simple,and it will always take more fuel to accelerate a heaver vehicle at the same or faster rate as a light vehicle.

With very few exceptions light vehicles are light because of the stuff you don't get.
    Savage1 and dskd like this.

I'm talking the petrol one guys

Maybe an old prado might suit me better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I would bother with the petrol ones, I haven't driven many but normally find them a bit of a let down on the power side of things and can only imagine the fuel consumption. Mind you depending on k's that you will do and the savings on purchase price, ruc's and servicing they might work out OK.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    petrol is fuckin cheap compared to diesel, Tax, servicing. go 4 it
    Beaker and rs200nz like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

They are way cheaper purely because people freak out on the fact that it is a lexus V8 and will cost a fortune to run. IMO opinion diesels are pretty expensive also considering you have to pay road users and service them more plus you have a more expensive rego. Would be interesting to see the difference between price per km. Bang for buck they are a great truck. They drive really well not like a ute and are extremely comfortable on long journeys. Old man had the 4.2 diesel 100 series and now was the 200 series V8 diesel. Both excellent cars and I regret not buying the 100 off him when he sold it. Hydraulic adjustable suspension is great with trailers also

The problem with diesel vs petrol is whether they use the same amount of fuel per 100km's driven the same way. I find a lot of people actually lie about there fuel consumption to justify it to themselves or to make it look better for the people that might want to buy it. My 200 series runs about 16.5L per 100km on normal driving gets down to 14L on a long haul (if your lucky) and 26-28L with the boat behind it, if the petrol was using the same amount per 100km's I would think the petrol would work out much the same, I just find it hard to believe they would be using the same amount. My SS V8 wont get 16L per 100km's driven quietly and its halve the weight and I have had an older SS that was worked and driven hard you could get 11L per 100km's on a trip to ChCh.
    I think you would have to put a tank of fuel through one to really find out how much they use and work it out from there.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I've got a petrol Territory Ghia as well as a diesel Prado. I reackon the Territory is just as economical if not more so than the Prado, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better to drive.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

There are still some nice 100 series 4.2 TD Cruisers around Brads - eg - Toyota Land Cruiser VX 100 Series NZ New D... 2001 | Trade Me
    I have had a 2000 model since new - done 142k - will see me out - just put its third set of tyres and a new set of shocks under it - drives like a new car again
    God only knows what these cars will do if they are well serviced but must be a big number