Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    GWH

LED light bars, any recommendations for good value units?

What are these LED light bars like compared to the good old hella round driving lights? I have some Old Rallye 1000's, spot and spread beams.

Obviously the cree chip technology in the torches we have these days has well and truely changed the game, so i assume the same will be true with these light bars?

Just got a new (to me) truck and always keen to up the light power, can anyone recommend some units that work well but are priced well? Locally or DX etc?

Cheers.

ditto for me too

Jaycar sells some cree chip LED bars but i dont know how good they are

Light bars are great things , but you must understand they don't have the distance of Spot Lights .
    I put a light bar on one of my work utes and although its good , I wouldn't be happy with it alone on my own personal ute now that I've seen it in action .
    My own ute runs two HID spot lights and has a small light bar on each side angled of to the side to light up the verge of the road .
    The Spotties do the distance work and the light bars fill in the edges .

Ken
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

What size are you after? I can do some deals thru work like everything tho u get what u pay for I have a few mates that bought some cheap ones off ebay but they are drawing way to much current than u would expect from an led to the point the cable heats up pretty bad but I can do narva ones but are pricey or big red which is basicly narva but its the base line but haven't had any negative feed back as yet on them. The other thing to think about is the legal side to them I know some wof places have a field day with them.