Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Light Trucks

Light Trucks

Gidday Folks

I think I'm going to get a small tipper (or maybe flat-deck) for my fencing business. Currently I'm towing a digger (2.5 tonne digger, 3.5 tonnes all up) with my Safari, but I can't see that going on forever . . . . I'd like to have the Safari on somewhat lighter duties and save it a bit for off-road work.

I'm looking at about $20K and would like to be on the right side of the year 2000. Ideally I'd like to get something at least 150HP with a CGVM of 7500 or 8000Kgs

Suggestions??

In particular any specific engines/gearboxes to avoid (or to go for) ??

Thanks

I would look at the Isuzu light trucks, plenty around, good support, and from my limited experience, working on light trucks in NZ, they pretty good, I just spent ten months working for a fertilizer company, and we had a bunch, 3-10 ton, had very little problems, other than basic maintance and what we broke, spreading fertilizer in the field.

SiB
    We’re running a Mitzi Canter tipper with no problems on the farm. Not sure if that type is quite big enough for your needs tho

We have noted the rear wheels (duals) are very prone to skid/slip when on loose metal/wet clay etc when there’s nothing on the back

Mechanically it’s never blipped in the four years I’ve been here and it wasn’t new then

being a fert sower driver............ isuzus are craphola to drive,shit power,shit lock (got to be seen to be believed just how bad) not comfortable ride at all and very tall for sweet stuff all.
    hinos are a good solid reliable wagon....
    nissans are also good wagons....

stay well clear of ex fert truck as the chassis will be rusted and most other components will be corroded.