Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Mistral Central Locking

I have a 96 Nissan Mistral and every time I go to get my gear out of the back the bloody thing is locked - - I have to take the key out of the ignition, lock, then unlock the drivers door with it before I can get into the back. Its driving me mad.
    Under the bonnet there is a relay??? thingy marked - Door Lock -
    If I remove this thingy will that fix my problem without fucking anything else up.
    I havent tried it because its a long way to a auto sparky if it goes wrong.Name:  012.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  319.3 KBName:  013.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  299.6 KB

According to the lid that is a fuse. Removing that will just stop the central locking on all doors. Try remove it, you can always just put it back.

I have a similar issue with my Safari. One of these days I'll have to dig into the doors and fix it, one the actuator is dead and the other the lock is a bit stiff. But hey an off roader nearly 25 years old is allowed a bit of character.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I thought character was the way you controlled your emotions or expressed them every-time you have to manually unlock it?

All the best Wetgumboot. There's already a lot of people driving like mad

Yeah - - cheers for that - - I use it as a work vehicle so I am always getting tools out of the back - - Its a funny looking fuse - never seen one like that before.

aaahhh Self locking cars, they just shit you to death. My last two every time i walked away they locked themselves. Unlock from the kitchen and head to the car to get something and Murphys says sorry Ive lock the bastard again. Oh to travel back in time to when none of this shit happened!!!!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Yep - - at least mine dosnt lock the drivers door - - a mate has got a Suzuki that locks everything - - he has to leave the drivers window down so he can get back into the bloody thing.

My courier is a bastard like that. Since new it has always blown the roof lamp. So you unlock open door take shit out leave keys in ute and the fucker locks the door soon as you close it. Tell Ford dealer we have a problem comes back interior lamp works for a week but air con now fucked. They fix and want 400 bucks for the priveledge Now out of warranty with gouge marks from me levering the door out so I can unlock the bastard to go to work. 6 yrs old less than 90 is on the clock. Piece of shit. ,!! Made by bastards un limited Spare key now tied underneath the fuckin piece of crap
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

I was driving a mates sheep shagger out spotlighting and i got out to go pick something up when i got back the bloody thing had locked itself. Lucky i had the window down.
    Why the Hell would they design them to do that?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Shoulda bought a Great Wall Happy?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Pulled the fuse out - - now the bloody windows dont work
    Ggggrrrrrrr

Put it back in? Probably a connection or a servo, take the back tail gate to bits and check, either there or the drivers door switch?/ connection
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Seems to have sorted itself out - - back to having just the locking problem - - looks like Im stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    aaahhh Self locking cars, they just shit you to death. My last two every time i walked away they locked themselves. Unlock from the kitchen and head to the car to get something and Murphys says sorry Ive lock the bastard again. Oh to travel back in time to when none of this shit happened!!!!!
    that is normally how most stuff is these days, new or aftermarket alarms, its so if u accidentally unlock it, after a set time without a door being opened it will self lock

Has it got a key lock on the tailgate as well if so disconnect the central locking off the tail gate and manually lock unlock
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Has it got a key lock on the tailgate as well if so disconnect the central locking off the tail gate and manually lock unlock
    Yeah - -might try that. cheers