Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cooee Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Motorbike carrier

Not sure you completely understand the power band on modern 2 strokes. I have shot several deer from my bike heading into my hunting possies, so no. When ridden conservatively its not noisy at all. Quieter than a 4 stroke, and more useable grunt when chugging away at low revs.

But sure, give it a wristfull and they'll hear you coming from 3km away!
    Strummer likes this.

MSL
    My ktm 300 was far better for slow tricky stuff than my Yami 450f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRT likes this.

Mudbug would be an ideal bike for putting around on in the bush.Very reliable and can carry a decent load.And I personally find the wide seat they have pretty comfortable as these things go....

giday Mohawk. I had this one made up cheaper than store bought and a lot more stable. A piece of box tube [heavyish] welded on each side of tow bar and the longer bars slide in and and lock in place with a lock pin. The rest is angle iron. I do intend to put braces where marked in white.
    Made up a bracket that bolts on to the wheel carrier and that clamps around frame tube on bike. The bike i have is a ct90 dual range so i can turn the handlebars sideways so can have carrier closer in to vehicle. Also remove plastic from bike to put clamp around. [pic 2]Name:  t045.jpgzzzz.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  161.0 KB Remove spare wheel and chuck in back of car. Unfortunately haven,t got to use the whole setup yet as mrs and i had not been over in NZ long on last trip when we got a message to tell us the west aus border was about to close so had to depart in a hurry. Hope to be back when the weather starts to warm again and after i,ve had the pox jab.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Mohawk .308 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    5 to choose from: Sherco, Beta, Gas gas, KTM, Husqvarna...but mine's the Italian princess

The Japs have long since dropped the ball re building 2 stroke MX or Enduro bikes. Yamaha do still make one, but have really only changed the decals on their bikes for the last 20 years.....
    You forgot TM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Mi scusi!