Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree34Likes
  • 8 Post By Forestry
  • 4 Post By Tentman
  • 7 Post By Shearer
  • 1 Post By 7mmsaum
  • 1 Post By Dicko
  • 9 Post By 7mmsaum
  • 4 Post By XR500

Thread: Ozito 12v chainsaw for 4WD is great

Ozito 12v chainsaw for 4WD is great

I had an Ozito drill so purchased a 12v chainsaw to replace my Husky 40cc which had died. With the 5.2amp ultra battery I am seriously impressed. It only has a 10inch bar but for something to use for home and take in the 4WD it’s awesome. Cutting up timber can get you out of some sticky situations and also helps with firewood. Just add chainbar oil and no smell. I also purchased the spotlight which uses the same battery and shot a few rabbits last night. It’s also pretty good to sit in the truck for when needed. Decent warranty and now thinking about the air compressor they have.

I’ve been scrub cutting with the Saw today and it performs pretty good. They key was the decent Ultra battery as it was pretty gutless with the normal one. Lasts well until you get buggered so no problems there.
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, Trout and 5 others like this.

I run a Sthil MSA200 with a 12" bar and 3 batteries fo my fencing operation (so it used nearly everyday) and it's a magnificent tool. Absolutely ideal for the 4wd toolkit.
    zimmer, Micky Duck, BSA270 and 1 others like this.

Yep same, I've got the Sthil as well. Ideal for touch ups around the house and a bit of stealth firewood cutting when I'm public land adjacent shall we say.

I had a mate come around to lower a huge banksia growing near our house.
    He owns and had with him both Stihl and Husky large petrol saws.
    He scaled the tree, around 12 metres high, and cut the top all back to trunk. His saw of choice up the tree, a Stihl MSA 200.

I was most impressed. So impressed I went out and bought one of their smaller battery models.
    I doubt I will run my smaller limbing sized pertrol saws again. And my wife can operate it!
    My one big saw left absolutely kills my back now when I start it.

Hasn't got the capacity of Tentman's saw although I had no trouble cutting the top off a strainer post with it. Has a narrow micro pico chain that cuts like a mad thing. No noise, no mixing fuel, easy to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestry View Post
    I had an Ozito drill so purchased a 12v chainsaw to replace my Husky 40cc which had died. With the 5.2amp ultra battery I am seriously impressed. It only has a 10inch bar but for something to use for home and take in the 4WD it’s awesome. Cutting up timber can get you out of some sticky situations and also helps with firewood. Just add chainbar oil and no smell. I also purchased the spotlight which uses the same battery and shot a few rabbits last night. It’s also pretty good to sit in the truck for when needed. Decent warranty and now thinking about the air compressor they have.

I’ve been scrub cutting with the Saw today and it performs pretty good. They key was the decent Ultra battery as it was pretty gutless with the normal one. Lasts well until you get buggered so no problems there.
    I have an Ozito too and it has been a great addition to the chainsaw lineup. Did a bit of stealth firewood last year and it performed well.
    Name:  IMG_1759[1].JPG
Views: 547
Size:  2.70 MB
    7mmsaum, Tahr, gadgetman and 4 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

It’s 18V sorry I’m case someone searching.

Not sure how to edit the title

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/ozito-pxc...w-kit_p3381168

My missus came home with the smaller model 180 bucks i think with 2 amp hr battery , slow chain speed but cut 8 150mm dia lumps of pohutukawa very impressed for the money and that goes for all ozito tools . I run bosch and old hitachi for hard work but ozito now for light jobs .

Caretaker
    From memory the Ozito brand were made exclusively for the Australian army
    outlander likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Ozito are the budget brand here in Bunnings. Hopefully our army uses better…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    zimmer likes this.

Cool thread! These look great. Going to look at the Husky electric ones next week.

Anyone have experience with the Husqvarna 120i ?

Got son a second hand electric lawnmower for Christmas its 1000W. Watched him cut grass that was 8" tall (that's 200mm for the metric heathens) and it didn't even struggle very impressed considering it cost us $46.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    Cool thread! These look great. Going to look at the Husky electric ones next week.

Anyone have experience with the Husqvarna 120i ?

Hundreds of hours

Pruning apple trees and firewood

Name:  18B81928-1E53-4C65-851D-AFECC7AA3817.jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  3.27 MB

Name:  C394C529-6FA4-4A1B-9CBA-B40BD29D5539.jpeg
Views: 378
Size:  2.75 MB
    Tahr, Trout, gadgetman and 6 others like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Ozito are the budget brand here in Bunnings. Hopefully our army uses better…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've always run Husky's. The proper big ones that run on 2 stroke mix.

Oh, and hydraulic ones that we used underwater removing wharf piles and such.

Got asked how we kept them runnning underwater, I replied "with a special plastic bag and a long snorkel". Guy looked at me with a Ahh! so thats how its done look on his face
    gadgetman, Dreamer, BSA270 and 1 others like this.