Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Happy

Thread: Quality automotive electrical terminals

Quality automotive electrical terminals

I'm currently needing to make some repairs to some vehicle wiring, simple things like replacing terminals and splicing wires.

In the past I have attempted to use stuff bought from Repco and Jaguar and have found them to be shite, I've been a spoilt by having used aircraft grade connectors and tools which are the dogs bullocks, but not every job I do can be taken into work.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy good quality automotive terminals etc and crimping tools?
    I've done a bit of research and Worth seem to be well spoken of, but I haven't found anywhere that sells their stuff.

Cheers

Basics? They sell a lot to the vintage boys
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I use same as the sparkies. It performs well. Electrical wholesaler. K Simpsons in our neck of the woods have good quality bits
    Made battery leads and all sorts all performing well. I buy the industrial uninsulated stuff. Crimp it then heat shrink it
    mikee, Maca49 and Beaker like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

www.caes.co.nz

every terminal known to mankind

bugga. sorry. that website has gone

I use commercial type. Go to Cory's or master trade or ideal. Buy the uninsulated, grey type connectors, and a electrician crimper suit. And a few length s of heatshrink.

Sometimes I will solder onto these connectors to. Just depends on what it's for and where. (Vibration, Shit of place, wet, etc....)

Have used a few times that liquid insulation to cover them (boat trailer and in boat) haven't had any fail. But not a great representative sample to 100% back the product.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

personally i crimp and solder terminals, and be careful when you buy cable, some of it is alluminium with a very thin flash of copper plate on it. terrible stuff !!

deutsch connectors for connections
    The genuine crimpers are around $1000 but the narva ones are around $80 and good as

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts