Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Repco Parts Website

Repco Parts Website

Came across this and thought it would come in handy for those needing parts for their vehicles.
    Very easy to use and you can see what branch has the part in stock and the price.

Repco NZ
    kiwi39 and marlon like this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

One company I only use as a last resort. They ripped us off for years, until Supercheap came along, funny what a bit of competition can do?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Last time I went to my local Repco for something I wanted some gearbox oil.

In the entire shop they only had 1L of 75W-90, which it took them 5 minutes to find in storage out the back.

Pretty bloody useless really.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    One company I only use as a last resort. They ripped us off for years, until Supercheap came along, funny what a bit of competition can do?
    I can but only endorse that here in Jaffasville................When sourcing "this 'n that" for my collection, I now visit Repco first and then travel 500 yds to Supercheapauto and buy there instead.

Interesting that you say that Maca. It is common Knowledge that REPCO stands for
    Rip
    Every
    Poor
    Cnut
    Off

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Interesting that you say that Maca. It is common Knowledge that REPCO stands for
    Rip
    Every
    Poor
    Cnut
    Off
    totally agree with you there
    Maca49 likes this.

i have had far better experiences with repco than supercheap up here. The staff at repco have some idea of what they are doing, at supercheap if I manage to find a staff member to start with they are teenagers that know nothing technical about cars. I put a brand new, big cammed 5.0L v8 in my old SS last year so i don't look for the cheapest products, i want the best products the cheapest i can get them and when it comes to price i haven't found much difference between supercheap and repco, some a little more and some a little less.
    When i got the new engine i bought all new products to go with it, sealants, plugs, leads, coolant, fuel filter, oil & filter and i priced a list of the specific branded products i wanted with auto one, BNT, SCA & repco. Repco came back with the best price out of all of them and have found that the specials are almost always the same price at either store.

I think they are all ripping us off so where i can i buy products from the US or australia, often it will cost half (including doubling the cost with freight) to buy something and have it shipping internationally to me than it costs to drive to town and buy it. I did that with a number of engine parts and saved heaps. I bought a HV oil pump for $85AUS and it cost another $85AUS for it to be freighted to me ($170AUS delivered), best price in town was $440 for the same brand item

When I had my Cosworth I used to use very cold running champion plugs, Repcos price to me across the counter was about $22.00 each. If I bought them thru my mates account they were $5.80. Platinum's were moon beams. Supercheap is full of num nuts but if you know what your after price is usually good
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

this is starting to look like the automotive version of the ol chestnut guncity debate.
    ebf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    When I had my Cosworth I used to use very cold running champion plugs, Repcos price to me across the counter was about $22.00 each. If I bought them thru my mates account they were $5.80. Platinum's were moon beams. Supercheap is full of num nuts but if you know what your after price is usually good
    that's pretty standard for retail and varying trade prices in my experience. they have retail prices, trade prices and usually the best customers of the supplier are getting far better prices that their standard trade rates depending on the deal they have.
    I had a win at repco a few weeks ago. i wanted a service cart with a single drawer so was waiting for it to come up on special. retail was around $200 then it came out on the brochure for $63 so i went in to get one. It turned out it was supposed to be the cart with no drawer as the code said on the add but the picture and description said with drawer so they had to honour it. The cart with drawer then came out on special on the next sale catalogue only this time the code was right and the price was about $125 with about $65 off.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    this is starting to look like the automotive version of the ol chestnut guncity debate.
    i had a shocker of an experience with guncity, quoted me a price for a package of gear then wouldn't honour it when i wanted to buy it cause they made a mistake. I also know a guy that flew down to the chch store from up here to spend over $10k and he got a totally different story and prices when he got there compared to over the phone. Lesson learnt, i won't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    I ll add some humour ??? ... The Chicky behind the counter here at Repco has lovely ttttttttttt teeth !!! as well..

I get ridiculously good prices from them on SOME things..

Maca anyone spending money on a Cosworth gets what they deserve... Yeez that's like comin out in a public place ...
    Last edited by Happy; 15-11-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Which Waikato Repco are you talking about Happy?

That website doesn't have my model of car.... STINK!!!

Yea Ripco I call them!!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    They have been recently bought by NAPA (USA). I find their stuff a bit less crappy than Srrupacrheep.