Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By madmaori
  • 1 Post By scottrods
  • 1 Post By chric1

Thread: roof top tent

roof top tent

Anyone got a roof top tent for sale or can recommend a good one to buy new? Also after a pto winch for an lj78 landcruiser.

The bogeyman can still get you on top of a vehicle
    Gibo likes this.

Look up Austrack Tents. They are sold on TM. I think there are two dealers, one in NI and one in SI.
    Good quality canvas for the price, saying that, I think they are a bit wind resistant on the roof, and if you are perched up there in a howling Southerly or Nor Wester, you'll be swaying around. Prefer to park a tent on the ground or sleep inside my truck - I'm a wee bit short, so I fit nicely in my Surf.
    reddog likes this.

SiB
    Check out those "easy up" tents h&f were flogging off last summer? Gets the wind drag off the roof and you still have the convenience of quick set up.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Have a look at Howling Moon if you can find one, they're pretty good. Mate has one on top of his truck in Oz, I've used it. Has a vestibule that hangs down the back to ground level with the alloy folding ladder inside it. Makes a sort of dressing room to change in before you climb up into the scratcher.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Cheers guys I brought and kayak and gonna take up fishing this summer so I need the roof space. Just gonna get a bigger ground tent, might check out those easy ups
    Gibo likes this.

a certain comrade of GSP Followers and mine has one on top of his MU.bloody hilarious ,watched it as he snored his way through paradise -the whole wagon gently sways.
    Ive nick named it the "hi rise whorehouse".
    FMR hes got to scale mt everest to get into the farter. asked him If he got a quick shag after a hard days shooting how he"d manage
    says 'ill climb the ladder when i come to it"
    PS,I kid you not this bloke got a typists chair to put in his maimai on opening morning of duck shooting. Ive a bloody photo of GSP Follower parked on it with dog in tow in the bloody middle of the Rakaia riverbed.