Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By norsk
  • 3 Post By Woody

Thread: Rust prevention

Rust prevention

Ok folks, I'm thinking about bringing my 95 landcruiser down to a coastal environment, before i do it needs a bit of love (including a warrant)

Looking for advice for spray on rust prevention (prolonging the inevitable). Current plan is put it up on blocks and water blast the crap out of everything from top to bottom, some form on degreaser spray on the chassis then a few coats of something lanolin based. Few patchs of surface rust in panels that will need a sand and paint as well.

Is it worth getting it done commercially? Seems a easy enough process if you have a good spot to do it and the weather plays nice.

The professionals should have lances that they use to spray the product into voids.

If you really want to do a good job yourself, lift the body off the chassis.
    mimms2 likes this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Fishoilene. Can be sprayed into voids.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

The old girl has 350+ km, still going strong but not that keen on spending "too" much, suspect lifting the chassis etc will be 1000s not 100s which i had in my mind

https://www.protectivepaints.co.nz/p...inhibiting-oil

Cheaper than fisholene, doesn't smell, creeps well, seals and sets. Can be applied with a garden sprayer and reapply every 6-12 months. Can be painted over. Used it for years on my Landrovers and Rangerover. Next level is go for electronic cathodic protection. They use it on a lot of classic cars.

the guys that run the mussel trucks on the coromandel coat the truck chassis in lanolin .... we use fishoilene in the workshop you can get de-oderised stuff now much better than in the bad ole days......we have had customers come in and get their vehicles coated with speedliner inside and out (if that non skid flat black finish floats ya boat)